Our worst ever player

FourFourTwo have compiled a list of clubs' worst ever players.

Ours is *drumroll*...

Neil Firm

'His positional sense, ability to kick a ball and, perhaps more importantly for a stopper, to head the thing, were all severely lacking. Firm’s ability to change direction could only be likened to that of a cruise liner.'

Do we agree?

The full article can be read here:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/your-clubs-worst-player-ever-voted-fans?page=0%2C15

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, pinevillawill said:

FourFourTwo have compiled a list of clubs' worst ever players.

Ours is *drumroll*...

Neil Firm

'His positional sense, ability to kick a ball and, perhaps more importantly for a stopper, to head the thing, were all severely lacking. Firm’s ability to change direction could only be likened to that of a cruise liner.'

Do we agree?

The full article can be read here:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/your-clubs-worst-player-ever-voted-fans?page=0%2C15

I had every faith in him. I was a firm believer

There are dozens of dire players that come and go. To make something like this meaningful, there has to be a lower limit on the number of game played. Shocking, but still picked over time. Extra kudos for multiple managers. Conor Brown is a recent example for me.

Kelvin Lomax for me, I thought he was dire.

Saw him playing for Hyde in 2013 (I think), he was struggling even at that level, couldn't trap a bag of sand, ball was like a hot potato when he had it.

There have been many many more but he particularly springs to mind.

Wilkinson destroyed Bristol city at Ashton gate in march 2004, so much so they nobbled him. Grade A toss bag though.

Feigned injuries and always out on the piss. Remember several conversations some JK Latics stalwarts had with him. Thought he'd made it and the effort stopped there. Talbot saw through it and binned him... was a talent though.

I think there are a couple of categories here.

Those that there are no expectations of. eg the Hungarian contingent, and those that you hope would be good but turn out dire so the expectation v performance gap is huge.

1. Low expectation, low performance

Practically every striker in the past 20 years, but especially

2. High epxecation , low performance

Michael Clegg

Martin Buchan

Brian Kilcline

Sure the award has to go to Warren Feeney though.