Our worst ever player

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colbeck.Spoke to a former chairman who said Royle had told Penney that he should go for Jordan Rhodes who he could have got from Ipswich for the same

money but Penney thought Colbeck was a far better proposition.

God there are loads when you look back!!!!!!!???

3 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Colbeck.Spoke to a former chairman who said Royle had told Penney that he should go for Jordan Rhodes who he could have got from Ipswich for the same

money but Penney thought Colbeck was a far better proposition.

God there are loads when you look back!!!!!!!???

Not trying to defend dangerous Dave here but I believed he had a deal set up to bring Jordan Rhodes in on a season long loan. Huddersfield came in at the last minute and blew us out of the water with a bid of around £300k.

4 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

Not trying to defend dangerous Dave here but I believed he had a deal set up to bring Jordan Rhodes in on a season long loan. Huddersfield came in at the last minute and blew us out of the water with a bid of around £300k.

That's what Andy Rhodes told me after the awards dinner in 2010...

7 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

To think we paid £65k?of the money we received from Eardley's sale for somebody who couldn't trap a bag of cement, couldn't pass water, couldn't catch a cold and ran like he had lead boots on. Makes me shudder thinking about it.

He's a good judge that Corney fella.

9 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

£300k is obviously a lot of money for us, but making a £7.7m profit on it makes it feel like significantly less.

On the other hand, a £60k loss on Joe Colbeck feels like a kick in the balls, even before recalling the memory of seeing him play.

38 minutes ago, andy_b_100 said:

Mike Filary walks away with the value for money award ...... by a million miles

Didn't realise we paid a fee?

What was he Latics career - something like 13 minutes at Hull City away in 1991.

3 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

£300k is obviously a lot of money for us, but making a £7.7m profit on it makes it feel like significantly less.

On the other hand, a £60k loss on Joe Colbeck feels like a kick in the balls, even before recalling the memory of seeing him play.

I dread to think if we had signed him how much of a pittance we would have let him go for ?  Therefore its probably best we never did !

Edited by Combo

1 hour ago, Scapegoat said:

Didn't realise we paid a fee?

What was he Latics career - something like 13 minutes at Hull City away in 1991.

Not sure on the fee ... but even the elusive Mr Dabo kicked a ball more than twice :)

14 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

9 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

That's what Andy Rhodes told me after the awards dinner in 2010...

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

He's a good judge that Corney fella.

This was the same time we brought in a number of players who were from the Jewish faith. I've no issues with any players faith if they are good enough but I'm not sure it should've dictated our transfer policy as it appeared to during Penney's stint.

27 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

This was the same time we brought in a number of players who were from the Jewish faith. I've no issues with any players faith if they are good enough but I'm not sure it should've dictated our transfer policy as it appeared to during Penney's stint.

I thought it was Dickov who signed Rabbi Simpson.

2 hours ago, Combo said:

I dread to think if we had signed him how much of a pittance we would have let him go for ?  Therefore its probably best we never did !

He wouldn't have even scored 10 if he played for us... therefore any price tag is unwarranted

6 hours ago, andy_b_100 said:

Mike Filary walks away with the value for money award ...... by a million miles

I'm sorry Andy but that is absolutely garbage.

Fillery had a great debut for us until we played Hull City away when Leigh Palin produced one of the worst tackles that I have seen on a pitch. Studs up on his standing knee finished his career that day, that alone should keep his name well away from this debate.

He only played two games for us.

Edited by Lukers1

Wes Wilkinson

Lord Kangana 

Danny Boshell 

David Miskelly 

Jan Budzt 

Dean Brill

David Lee

David Cornell

We've had some shockers but for me it's Reckord, truly terrible, and I hate his fucking hair.