Our worst ever player

On 06/04/2017 at 5:28 PM, pinevillawill said:

FourFourTwo have compiled a list 

The full article can be read here:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/your-clubs-worst-player-ever-voted-fans?page=0%2C15

Intresting that Burton Albion have Guy Branston named as their worse. I thought he was OK  and he played quite a few games for us.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, daniel said:

Wes Wilkinson

Lord Kangana 

Danny Boshell 

David Miskelly 

Jan Budzt 

Dean Brill

David Lee

David Cornell

We've had some shockers but for me it's Reckord, truly terrible, and I hate his fucking hair.

Ah, the Dean Brill myth. 

I get that he had some bad performances, and he made some costly errors, but he's nowhere near the same the same bracket as the likes of Cornell, Blayney and Budzt. 

He also had some very good performances and was a competent shot stopper. I'd say his biggest weakness was that he just wasn't assertive enough in coming out to catch crosses. 

On on his day he was a good keeper capable of point saving performances, but he dropped a clanger just a few times too much.

But on a list with our worst ever players? He doesn't come close.

2 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Ah, the Dean Brill myth. 

I get that he had some bad performances, and he made some costly errors, but he's nowhere near the same the same bracket as the likes of Cornell, Blayney and Budzt. 

He also had some very good performances and was a competent shot stopper. I'd say his biggest weakness was that he just wasn't assertive enough in coming out to catch crosses. 

On on his day he was a good keeper capable of point saving performances, but he dropped a clanger just a few times too much.

I'd say the same for Miskelly. He had a torrid afternoon when we played QPR, but there were also some excellent performances from him. The one that stands out to me was Derby in the League Cup...

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'd say the same for Miskelly. He had a torrid afternoon when we played QPR, but there were also some excellent performances from him. The one that stands out to me was Derby in the League Cup...

Great night that one.

The ex yelled at me for getting the eldest home around midnight on a school night.

Extra time love.  Piss off!

On 4/7/2017 at 2:25 PM, oafcmetty said:

Rodney Jack was shit.

As was Richard Butcher.

When we played Rushden and Diamonds down at there place, former Coventry player Paul Hall ran the show for them, was disappointed when we signed Jack and not Hall.

Dont really want to comment on poor Ricky Butcher (RIP).  

who was the young lad big joe signed from scotish junior football played afew games around the end of the playoff season couldnt hit a barn door at a hundred paces think he went on to bolton or wigan 

On 4/8/2017 at 10:23 AM, PlayItLivo said:

Ah, the Dean Brill myth. 

It was no myth, Dean Brill was dreadful and as for being a good shot stopper, I couldn't disagree more.

Any free kick within about 30 yards of our goal was like a penalty, he was truly awful.

1 hour ago, Hometownclub said:

It was no myth, Dean Brill was dreadful and as for being a good shot stopper, I couldn't disagree more.

Any free kick within about 30 yards of our goal was like a penalty, he was truly awful.

This I have never seen us concede some many free kicks that led to goals. He couldn't set a wall up and then was dead slow across his line.

I've always thought Lord Kanaga was the worst player I've even seen or maybe David Lee who was just clearly out of his depth

10 hours ago, Hometownclub said:

His middle name was "Not so"

14 hours ago, bluehobbit said:

This I have never seen us concede some many free kicks that led to goals. He couldn't set a wall up and then was dead slow across his line.

We must have conceded at least half a dozen goals at home from direct free kicks during the Dave Penney season. I still have nightmares of the one Robbie Williams scored for Huddersfield. You could have driven a bus through that gap Brill left with his wall.