I don't remember them troubling Ripley at all..where they any shots for them?

Enjoyed that today, we played so neat stuff, I'm not convinced again with Taylor and I know Ngoo is not everyone's cup of tea but I would love him to score.

We move on up the table and I can sleep a little bit better too.

time to raise a glass of some cool beverage...

Edited by underdog

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, leeslover said:

I generally don't go for the, "this league is shit this year," theory but if them and Shef United are among the best it really is. Excellent job from us regardless. McGlaughlan will be attracting attention playing like that.

Same here but the fact Port Vale, fighting for their lives and all that jazz, lose to two teams who are virtually down in the run-in and still have a reasonable chance of staying up also suggests otherwise..

7 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

A clearly unhappy Uwe Rosler has no complaints or excuses. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BSsao506Lv4&feature=youtu.be

Both he and Wilder came across well the other week on Goals on Sunday after Sheffield United's draw against us.

Good to see managers not shirking responsibility for their side's poor performances. It'd be a very different story with the likes of Karl Robinson or Phil Brown managing them sides.

Don't if Gerrard has picked up an injury. Looked like he hurt himself early doors then at the end of the match he was hobbling over to the RRE to clap the fans.

hope he okay

oh yes did anyone have a Clear look at our penalty shout first half? If he dived was he not booked? Cheers

7 minutes ago, underdog said:

Don't if Gerrard has picked up an injury. Looked like he hurt himself early doors then at the end of the match he was hobbling over to the RRE to clap the fans.

hope he okay

oh yes did anyone have a Clear look at our penalty shout first half? If he dived was he not booked? Cheers

Gerrard looks to have been limping in every game at some point, definately not been anywere near 100% yet, hopefully he'll get a full pre season and we'll be the better for it, he's not had any sort of pre season for 2 or 3 years now I don't think. 

As for the pen shout, i presume you mean the mclaughlin one, i thought it was just a case of their defender getting a toe to it before the contact on Mclaughlin. 

2 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

I'm not sure about that Pete. He mentions the 'conditions' every time he speaks...

Yeh but he doesn't blame them...he's right in that we're more used to it but feels his team should have been good enough to match us at least. They didn't seem to want the points as much as us especially when they went down to 10 men. They just gave up and for a manager that's in excusable. 

2 hours ago, Theoutsider said:

Didn't think "the conditions" made any difference. Oldham wanted it, Fleetwood didn't. Even in the first half the tempo of their play was slow - led by the goal keeper. 

And that guy who took 5 minutes to tie his bootlaces not long in. What was that?!

2 hours ago, daniel said:

Gerrard looks to have been limping in every game at some point, definately not been anywere near 100% yet, hopefully he'll get a full pre season and we'll be the better for it, he's not had any sort of pre season for 2 or 3 years now I don't think. 

As for the pen shout, i presume you mean the mclaughlin one, i thought it was just a case of their defender getting a toe to it before the contact on Mclaughlin. 

The worry is that he was training with us for half a season before he signed. I can't see that he's going to be fitter than he is now. Maybe he should room with Clarke for a month and learn how to play at a good standard after the age of 28.

2 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Gerrard looks to have been limping in every game at some point, definately not been anywere near 100% yet,

He loves dragging himself off the pitch 'injured' last so he looks like a hero/warrior with every point we win that gets us closer to safety. Half the time he's just knackered not injured ha ha. Still doing a great job out of shape though. Pre season is very different to the usual training during season so he'll drop some timber before next season.