• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It's the football snob in me, but I can't even consider we won't beat Fleetwood Town at home, regardless of where they are in the League...

I know what you mean but I am old enough to remember thinking the same about the likes of Wigan Athletic and Bournemouth and I suspect I will live long enough to be soon thinking the same about the likes of AFC Fylde or Forest Green Rovers.....

19 minutes ago, Magister said:

I know what you mean but I am old enough to remember thinking the same about the likes of Wigan Athletic and Bournemouth and I suspect I will live long enough to be soon thinking the same about the likes of AFC Fylde or Forest Green Rovers.....

I'm not so sure. Wigan and Bournemouth are from towns of reasonable size. Big enough that you'd probably consider them to have been underachieving at one point.

The population of Fleetwood, and wherever Forest Green are from in Gloucestershire probably resembles Chadderton's...

Edited by NewBlue

14 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It's the football snob in me, but I can't even consider we won't beat Fleetwood Town at home, regardless of where they are in the League...

What's the world coming to when we allow fishing villages to have professional teams in League One?

3-0 Latics.

59 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Looks like we are set up for a 442

We ain't it's 3-5-2 Abit worried about the lad on the right getting one on one with Gerrard who is on a booking. Perhaps why Jamie Stott has just been put through a stenous warm up.

Apart from that very good all round more of the same please.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Great result, fleet wood were as poor as they were at fleet wood.

Fane was stand out for me today, gave his best performance for us, everywhere on the pitch and looked like it is finally starting to click. 

Holloway makes the difference for us, it allows Erwin to play off him and he looks a better player for it.

1 more win should do it.

Cracking result and excellent performance. Hope Holloway isn't out, he makes a huge difference even though he's not been scoring. Thought Irwin took his goals well and could've had more. Credit to the whole team's effort and very pleased with Fane.

To put that into perspective, they've not lost an away match for almost 6 months

Against the top six we've lost one of five home games, picking up 8 of 15 points. We can take three points off Bolton, I've got no doubts about that.

Fane wasn't just good in a 'runs around a lot putting tackles in' kind of way today, either. This guy is turning in to a real player under Shez/the current coaching staff.

I always felt people were harsh on his ability on the ball, but his confidence with is a million times higher. Numerous times today he kept hold of it, turned away from his man, ran forward with it or played the right pass. 

Really impressive today from him and the whole team. 

5 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

We beat as side who finished the game with ten men.

That alone is the big statistic!

It did worry me when their lad hobbled of and they did have a chance or two with ten men but in the end we saw it out well.

31 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

To put that into perspective, they've not lost an away match for almost 6 months

Against the top six we've lost one of five home games, picking up 8 of 15 points. We can take three points off Bolton, I've got no doubts about that.

54 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I generally don't go for the, "this league is shit this year," theory but if them and Shef United are among the best it really is. Excellent job from us regardless. McGlaughlan will be attracting attention playing like that.

Yes but the run in its sooooooo difficult.