Assuming that Taylor will not be allowed to play by his parent club, Sheridan could bring in Obadeyi or Flynn in his place. One slight concern I have is the form at Bolton of our ex winger Philip Morris . Gerrard was exposed on a couple of occasions playing wide left in a back three on Saturday. Possibly due to CT not tracking back. Mr Morais is a dangerous customer and although it's important we play to our strengths, a more circumspect 4-4-2 may be on the cards. 

I am looking forward to Holloway (should be fit apparently) and Erwin testing out the Bolton back line. I am not looking forward to the early start for this one....

Guest davidshaw
1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Assuming that Taylor will not be allowed to play by his parent club, Sheridan could bring in Obadeyi or Flynn in his place. One slight concern I have is the form at Bolton of our ex winger Philip Morris . Gerrard was exposed on a couple of occasions playing wide left in a back three on Saturday. Possibly due to CT not tracking back. Mr Morais is a dangerous customer and although it's important we play to our strengths, a more circumspect 4-4-2 may be on the cards. 

I am looking forward to Holloway (should be fit apparently) and Erwin testing out the Bolton back line. I am not looking forward to the early start for this one....

TheBigDog - you are quite right - my Bolton supporting mate says Morais has been an absolute revelation and is "on fire". His pace and good quality crosses have been a constant threat and I`m sure Sheridan will have a plan. Sounds like an old fashioned constant "man to man" marking job is required to nullify him. Can't immediately think who we have available to do that as he's no slouch either Morais. IF Gerrard gets exposed as he did a couple of times against the nippy little Fleetwood player, we could be in trouble. Hunt is a big miss in this regard. Wilson, although not quick, reads the game very well and may just be able to contain him - hopefully!

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Law at right back or McGlaughlin?

On current form it has to be Ryan Mc doesn't it. Player of the month award handed to him at weekend and then made the EFL team of the week for his Fleetwood display.

For all Wilsons strengths I think he would get roasted by Morais one on one, can't see us playing three at the back on Saturday as we looked particularly weak down our left flank against Fleetwood with Gerrard and Taylor not linking up too well, could Green do a job in there at left back, he's played as a fullback in the Championship and has both the experience and engine to deal with a player like Morais, he'd be a big miss in the midfield but could be our very own James Milner. 

Ripley

Wilson 

Clarke

Gerrard 

Green

McLaughlin 

Fane 

Banks

Obadeyi 

Holloway

Erwin.

Edited by yarddog73

Guest davidshaw
2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

For all Wilsons strengths I think he would get roasted by Morais one on one, can't see us playing three at the back on Saturday as we looked particularly weak down our left flank against Fleetwood with Gerrard and Taylor not linking up too well, could Green do a job in there at left back, he's played as a fullback in the Championship and has both the experience and engine to deal with a player like Morais, he'd be a big miss in the midfield but could be our very own James Milner. 

I`ve just had a strange thought that I would never normally consider. You are right about Wilson v Morais - he would be roasted for pace. As a one off, could we switch McLaughlin to left back? He's about the only defender we have who could match him stride for stride.

Not being funny but we're playing Bolton here not Barcelona! Equally Morais isn't Neymar!

To the original post I would either play 442 and move Wilson out to LB, leave McLaughlin at RB and play a midfield 4 of Green, Banks, Fane and Obadeyi. 

That or play 352, move Wilson to LWB and play either Edmondson or Law in a back 3 with Gerrard and Clarke with Ryan McLaughlin a RWB.

Nothing to fear at all in our division, as has been proved with only losing 1 this calendar year at BP.

12 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I too am not willing to have our line up dictated by Morais. Has he played on the left or the right? If he's so lethal going forward play Tope or McLaughlin in midfield to use the space he sure won't be covering.

having listened to most of Deardens commentaries on noblot for the last month he realy has been there stand out player who has reached a good understanding with there strikers to whom he has been supplying a steady stream of pinpoint crosses corners and free kicks to great effect unless we shut that supply down then Ripley is in for a very very busy afternoon 

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

We are in form , we are the home team , it's Bolton bastard Wanderers, let them worry about how to stop us I say !

Exactly.Let's rip into them and keep them on the back foot.Shez and the team will be up for it .

On 4/11/2017 at 2:25 PM, JoshOWTB said:

Why did this game get moved to Saturday? Is it on TV (anywhere in the world...)

Actually, all the other games were originally scheduled for Saturday.

Everyone else decided to move to Good Friday (or Thursday)....

13 hours ago, Simpo said:

Actually, all the other games were originally scheduled for Saturday.

Everyone else decided to move to Good Friday (or Thursday)....

Might be good for a few extra supporters....unless they have all gone away for the weekend