National League

NINE THOUSAND at Lincoln today against 3rd bottom Torquay......WOW!!!!!

That must be close to a record attendance for non league.

Just shows how a cup run and promotion season can stimulate the fanbase!

Edited by oafc1955

Was at York v Wrexham on Monday. Crowd of 4091 of which nearly 900 were from Wrexham , impressive away following for a match that was pretty unimportant position wise for them. Seemed to want to bait York manager Gary Mills who was theirs earlier in the season. And their 3-1 victory was deserved. Terrible defending at both ends mind. 

York could be having a new derby next season if they don't claw away from bottom 4 - Harrogate Town

Edited by LaticsPete

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Losing at Wembley must be depressing, but losing at Wembley when the opponent brings 3000 fans must be the absolute pits

If only we could get 50% of the town's population to our home games ... let alone for a trip to london!

3 hours ago, opinions4u said:

If only we could get 50% of the town's population to our home games ... let alone for a trip to london!

Not knocking Forest Green really, other than the fact they're just another bankrolled side depriving clubs with a real history a place in the league. That in mind, can you imagine looking towards the opposite side of Wembley while literally a few thousand fans, most of which will have been supporting the club for a year or two, celebrate in an end which holds 40,000, knowing you have to spend another year visiting Dover and Bromley?

On 16/5/2017 at 0:08 AM, NewBlue said:

Not knocking Forest Green really, other than the fact they're just another bankrolled side depriving clubs with a real history a place in the league. That in mind, can you imagine looking towards the opposite side of Wembley while literally a few thousand fans, most of which will have been supporting the club for a year or two, celebrate in an end which holds 40,000, knowing you have to spend another year visiting Dover and Bromley?

I would love that away day. Probably fuck the game off and end up in France

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:08 PM, NewBlue said:

I think this is a bit harsh. They have been in the Conference constantly since '98 (they were only one behind us on the 'nothing happens' scale until they went up) and Vince didn't take over until 2010. I think their fans deserve a bit of success, even if there aren't that many of them. They aren't a Fleetwood or similar getting season after season of promotions after someone ploughs a load of money in.

46 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

I think this is a bit harsh. They have been in the Conference constantly since '98 (they were only one behind us on the 'nothing happens' scale until they went up) and Vince didn't take over until 2010. I think their fans deserve a bit of success, even if there aren't that many of them. They aren't a Fleetwood or similar getting season after season of promotions after someone ploughs a load of money in.

They also seem to be investing in the community and their grand plan of building a 6,000 seat stadium feels in keeping with their green ethos and within their means. 

The vegan thing goes against them, of course.

5 minutes ago, Ackey said:

They also seem to be investing in the community and their grand plan of building a 6,000 seat stadium feels in keeping with their green ethos and within their means. 

Was just going to say I wouldn't miss it for the world just to stand at the food counter and watch the faces

17 hours ago, leeslover said:

Was just going to say I wouldn't miss it for the world just to stand at the food counter and watch the faces

I think I'd take in a packet of ham... pop that on my pie to make a point.

On 2017-5-17 at 0:37 PM, Latics and England said:

I stand corrected.

On 17/5/2017 at 2:25 PM, Ackey said:

Im a Forest Green fan going forward...

• 1 month later...
On 15 May 2017 at 11:08 PM, NewBlue said:

To be fair they have been knocking on the doors for years.

There crowds are small bar every club has to start somewhere. Plus it's good to see newer teams come into the league.

Funny seeing all the Tranmere fans still complaining. They knew the rules before the start.