Tactics and players for next season

Ngoo is a very poor footballer, I'm sorry but he's limited in nearly every department. I'd be staggered if Shez has seen enough to offer him any sort of contract. There is a big difference in developing a raw player like Fane from a non league background and trying to develop Ngoo whose been fortunate to spend his formative years at the likes of Manchester United and Liverpool spending six or seven years at arguably the best acadamies in the country, there is some entertainment factor in watching him roll around but thats not sufficient in my view to be offering him any sort of playing contract.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Would love to sign John Akinde. 26 goals in league 2 and is out of contract. Shez will be aware what he is about having managed Notts county and plymouth. Worth a shout! 

With the record he has and the fact he'll be free there's no way we'll be able to match the contract some clubs will offer him

On 17/04/2017 at 1:42 PM, OldHallam said:

Possibly an answer I haven't as yet found but why is Matty Palmer not in Burton squad since 18th March. Just wondering if although under contract an option to go after?

Keeper... I will accept Ripley isn't back when he plays elsewhere.  Much depends on manager at Boro next year. I suspect they will want a quick bounce back and wont trust a younger keeper (well I can hope) 

I don't buy in to that.  At the end of day Ripley is 24.  He has about 100 professional games under his belt.

Valdes, although he'll still be under contract for another year will be one of, if not the, top earner at Middlesbrough.  He's also 35 and a depreciating asset so it'd make sense to get rid in the close season.  I doubt he'll want to slum it in the Championship.

Brad Guzan is off to the MLS.

Now bear in mind Pickford is younger than Ripley and had a similar number of professional games at lower levels before being given his Premier League debut and it seems entirely logical that Ripley will be starting games next season in the Championship.

Edited by Grylls