It's took a long while to get him fit but although a little clumsy at times I like him, he is unorthodox to say the least but he can hold the ball up well and make a telling pass.

There is definitely a decent player in there somewhere and he's more than capable of changing the course of a game.....the thing is....does he get a deal for next season?

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

It's took a long while to get him fit but although a little clumsy at times I like him, he is unorthodox to say the least but he can hold the ball up well and make a telling pass.

There is definitely a decent player in there somewhere and he's more than capable of changing the course of a game.....the thing is....does he get a deal for next season?

He is the love child of Carlton Palmer and Meadowlark Lemon.

(*younger members ask your dad)...

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

He is the love child of Carlton Palmer and Meadowlark Lemon.

(*younger members ask your dad)...

That's possibly the first time I've seen Mr Lemon's name written out. I've been spelling it wrong in my head since I was a kid. 

Bucket full of confetti and a stepladder could add depth to Ngoo's game.

9 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Offers something different and has got more skill than some see. Possibly the ones who drool over a Paul Warne sized player. Fact teams cant play him offers others space and chances. 12 month deal. 

This, plus he is still coming back into the game and should get better.  Keep him.

Guest davidshaw
35 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Offers something different and has got more skill than some see. Possibly the ones who drool over a Paul Warne sized player. Fact teams cant play him offers others space and chances. 12 month deal. 

Agree with this. It's early days. A lot of fans around me were writing Fane off not too long ago. He's now starting to look like a good player with fantastic potential. It could well be the same with Ngoo - give the lad a chance. 

Other than getting sent off a bit stupidly on Saturday, I don't think he's done a lot wrong so far.

I think people are being thrown off because he doesn't look like your average footballer, but he's got deceptively good feet as well as the obvious aerial threat.

Potential cult hero status too.  Sign him up, I say.

I was critical of him when he first arrived and thought it was a huge mistake to bring him here.  Just didn't look like a footballer.

However I think he has improved in the short time he has been here (and also the relatively short time he has had on the pitch) and has shown enough to warrant a contract.

9 hours ago, rosa said:

His touch is awful and he's clumsy as fuck but he always gets double-marked when he plays and seems to scare defenders. Good nuisance value if nothing else.

2 points from me on this

were we better after he got sent off on Saturday?

Were we better with AAH (yes I know he's injured too often) and Erwin v Fleetwood, or with Ngoo and Erwin v WW?

7 hours ago, jsslatic said:

I find Ngoo entertaining but given AAH is clearly a key building block in what Shez wants to do then I'm not sure how many forwards who don't seem to score goals we can carry.

Im not sure Shez can make AAH a key building block, too injury prone

After the Milwall handball and Bolton sending off he has shown he hasn't got a brain in his head. In no way shape of form is he a Shez type player. He's already mentioned that he's 'topped' a few in training and had to be told to calm down. Clumsy or not he could have been a major hindrance to our relegation fight which with 2 games to go could have gone down to the wire. He got lucky as team mates bailed him out both times.

Zero goals, zero assists. Excitment at chanting his name seems to of clouded the judgment of a few in regard to what he has actually done for us which isnt very much. Won't be here next season imo. Seems a nice fella and worked hard. Hope he finds somewhere but we need better to progress from another dog fight.

6 hours ago, palmer1 said:

After the Milwall handball and Bolton sending off he has shown he hasn't got a brain in his head. In no way shape of form is he a Shez type player. He's already mentioned that he's 'topped' a few in training and had to be told to calm down. Clumsy or not he could have been a major hindrance to our relegation fight which with 2 games to go could have gone down to the wire. He got lucky as team mates bailed him out both times.

Zero goals, zero assists. Excitment at chanting his name seems to of clouded the judgment of a few in regard to what he has actually done for us which isnt very much. Won't be here next season imo. Seems a nice fella and worked hard. Hope he finds somewhere but we need better to progress from another dog fight.

Dont don't think he gets the credit he deserves.", the lad was signed after a very bad injury and was nowhere near fit. It's taken him a while to recover but the more I see him the more I like him. He's probably trying to hard in an attempt to secure a contract but he's pretty clever on the ball and you can tell he's been schooled in a higher division.

He sometimes looks a bit ungainly but whenever he comes on he gives us something different and always gives defenders a hard time. It's obvious already that Holloway is likely to spend a fair percentage of the season in the treatment room and I think Ngoo could come in and do a similar job. Long term and with a good pre season under his belt he could even challenge Holloway for the holding role.

He won't be on a big wage and I would definitely give him a 1 year deal.  If we can somehow find the money for a proven goal scorer then along with Erwin we'd have a decent mix.