Nasty little thugs

Just wanted to say well done to the group of foul mouthed pathetic little teenage twats who decided to try and pick a fight with the glass collector at the Wellington pub in Bristol today and then threw stones and other objects back towards the beer garden and parked cars after they had been thrown out

.....the same group (one with crutches?) who then caused trouble in the ground and stewards kicked one or two out

I wish I had filmed them at the pub and posted the footage....the club should ban the nasty little gobshites

I'm often proud of our support away from home but if that's the future then we have a problem....it's up to the real fans to self police and sort these unpleasant little pricks out.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Just wanted to say well done to the group of foul mouthed pathetic little teenage twats who decided to try and pick a fight with the glass collector at the Wellington pub in Bristol today and then threw stones and other objects back towards the beer garden and parked cars after they had been thrown out

.....the same group (one with crutches?) who then caused trouble in the ground and stewards kicked one or two out

I wish I had filmed them at the pub and posted the footage....the club should ban the nasty little gobshites

I'm often proud of our support away from home but if that's the future then we have a problem....it's up to the real fans to self police and sort these unpleasant little pricks out.

Think every club has wankers like that. They'll get a clout one day and won't do it again no doubt

In the ground, apparently there was a complaint from a neighbour about the noise of the drum. The stewards explained and had to stop the noise, one or 2 people took exception to this!

there was a very silly cafuffle punches thrown and spitting, from young uns and a couple of old boys who should know better- one od the stewards got too involved and at least one latics boy was thrown out - a bit later the lead steward came back to explain and apologise for his steward. All very silly and unnecessary.

what a terrible game too! 

While I respect the lads who follow the club the constant drumming is a pain in the backside.  If it was just periodically then fine, no problem, but 90 minutes of it is taking away one of the reasons I go to games which is to chat with old mates and talk about the game.

Painful listening to some of them trying to be funny towards the away players - was like Brick off Anchorman trying to fling insults about

The stewards never should have done like - piss poor excuse that the neighbours were moaning - but thank fuck they took that tragic drum too. Given that it kills the atmosphere for everybody but a handful, it's just attention seeking

Got to say on arrival at the ground I found the stewards to be pleasant and welcoming one walked a group of Latics fans to the pub.

Due to its sheer size I don't often take this flag I brought today (some grounds want a fire certificate)

But the head steward was happy for me to put it up but did explain if it became an inconvenience or to windy I would have to move it to another part of the ground.

Was told when we played Bristol Rovers on a night game they took the drum off them that night same reason.

Wasnt the drummer who was thrown out and has Said in Facebook the steward came over and explained why to him.

There is a very videos doing the rounds of some of Bristols  Young idiots having ago at there mini bus. 

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

While I respect the lads who follow the club the constant drumming is a pain in the backside.  If it was just periodically then fine, no problem, but 90 minutes of it is taking away one of the reasons I go to games which is to chat with old mates and talk about the game.

It always sounds as if it needs tuning, which irritates me.

Saw both incidents and you're right it's up to us to sort it out, gives us a bad name, our away support is fantastic and we don't need little scrotes like that. 

Dont think the lad with the drum reacted at all it was the same gobshite that picked some gravel up to throw as they left the pub that was kicking off in the ground. Apparently he spat at a steward and got kicked out. 

Best thing is...I've been told he's a City fan, doesn't even support Latics!

6 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

This has happened before at this ground.

And yes, the drum is fuckin annoying. We have even had polls about it, where the majority want it fucking off. Seems the young attention seeker just isn't growing out of it tho, sadly.

Can he just grow his hair and join a fucking band? 

6 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

This has happened before at this ground.

And yes, the drum is fuckin annoying. We have even had polls about it, where the majority want it fucking off. Seems the young attention seeker just isn't growing out of it tho, sadly.

There's a loyal band - it's becoming more of a duet, like - who continue on with it, but it seems to be attached to shite ultra songs which nobody over the age of 15 (except the drummer) clearly wants to be involved in.

At home games I can accept it can makes a difference by spreading a beat across stands, but I'd never sit near it. At away games it's totally fucking daft - it sucks the atmosphere away from the pissed up lads who want to have a few songs and makes us droney, plus it can't be escaped from.

Edited by NewBlue

2 hours ago, DerbyshireLatic said:

Saw both incidents and you're right it's up to us to sort it out, gives us a bad name, our away support is fantastic and we don't need little scrotes like that. 

Dont think the lad with the drum reacted at all it was the same gobshite that picked some gravel up to throw as they left the pub that was kicking off in the ground. Apparently he spat at a steward and got kicked out. 

Best thing is...I've been told he's a City fan, doesn't even support Latics!

it was the pub incident that really angered me, loads of Rovers and Latics fans enjoying a few pints and a good chat and these little twats turn up and immediately sour everything 

Let's be honest, as a collective group of fans, Oldham will have the lowest average IQ in the league, no question. 

Just take a look around you at match days, granted we have a large number of decent fans, but also a large number of absolute bellends with no brain cells.

30 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

Let's be honest, as a collective group of fans, Oldham will have the lowest average IQ in the league, no question. 

Just take a look around you at match days, granted we have a large number of decent fans, but also a large number of absolute bellends with no brain cells.

Hi Barry!

I think most of us can agree that the drum is annoying when it's played constantly for 90 minutes.

Personally, I think at times it can really help with the atmosphere, but the kid needs to be smart about it.

If he's going to keep using it, then use it to just start off songs that require it and then if they start going awol use it for a couple of bars to get it back together again. We most certainly don't need it for the entire game, drowning out all the singing.

1 hour ago, Andy-latic said:

You're definitely in that large number of absolute bell ends, Andy.

I didn't tarnish everyone atall, I acknowledge we have a lot of decent fans, but as you say, we certainly have our  fair share of uneducated fuck wits, it's not even about education so much, more to do with being a twat or a decent human being.... I was only making an observation of what I observe at matches and I would also never ever tarnish anyone with the brush of being worthless. Everyone has worth.