Nasty little thugs

7 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Did no one on here do daft things when they were young at football games or elsewhere?If not then you must have led sheltered lives.

No never, that's what pisses me off, we make excuses for people to do stupid things because ' they are young or thick or whatever' I've never felt the need to spit or punch anyone and it's relatively low level stuff like this that we should just not tolerate. I've been going to games for a very long  time  and I love it but there is no need for any sort of fighting. Shout let off steam cheer,sing say stupid things and enjoy. 

Im not trying to be holier than thou, just trying to say how cross Iwas with what I saw on Monday, i was stood just next to the scuffle and it took me back.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just it for me. I've done a few silly things in my younger days at Latics, like call an awkward steward a knob head, thinking I was tough (knowing full well I'd soil myself if he was to come for me), but to spit at a steward?? That is another human being who is being paid to be there and 99 times out of 100 they are doing and saying what they are told to by their superiors.

Family members of mine have stewarded at Latics for years and if anyone were to spit at them I'd feel like head butting their teeth out.

All well and good saying they're young, but I won't be defending people with zero respect for other humans.

10 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Did no one on here do daft things when they were young at football games or elsewhere?If not then you must have led sheltered lives.

Did plenty of daft things for a laugh. Never spat in anyone's face or behaved like a general cunt tho. These pricks take daft to a whole new level. They need a good hiding. 

4 hours ago, DerbyshireLatic said:

Did plenty of "daft things" as a young lad following Latics but never found it necessary to spit at a steward. Didn't see why they were kicked out of the pub, we were at the front they came from the back but the lad throwing a few stones towards a large brick built pub and some parked cars was pathetic too.

As has been mentioned a couple of times maybe it's up to us to police that behaviour sometimes and something I'm happy to get involved in.

Finally the thread as with most on here gets hijacked by ridiculous posts, firstly a pathetic sweeping generalisation of Latics fans, then some lesson in Latin that I really didn't need at this time in a morning. The same handful of posters always seem to hijack threads with their oneupmanship or use them as a vehicle for their agendas either for or against Corney which is why people like me lose interest in the relevance of what is a fantastic basis of a forum...shame really!

Brilliant post. Sick of the dick waving myself. 

13 hours ago, Stevie_J said:

That wouldn't equate to low IQ.  Or not being decent human beings, for that matter.

12 hours ago, Magister said:

I agree

Can't understand why someone would give the Stevie J post a 'like' but then give Magister a dislike for agreeing with it an hour later?

Erratic thought process?

Pettiness ?

These nasty little thugs that you refer to isn't an accurate way to view them in my eyes. Knowing them ALL I can say there are one or two who can be absolute pains and everybody who is around them knows the same. The one with the crutch isn’t an idiot at all, perhaps easily led but doesn’t get into bother so much. The one who got kicked out (didn’t stand near them) has caused trouble before and I have told him on a number of occasions to stop being an idiot. For what it’s worth I have no sympathy with him at all and he deserved/deserves everything that comes of this (whether that be a club ban, court appearance or whatever)

I can’t comment either on the whole scenario in the ground as I were closer to the dugouts and some of my language I admit was pretty poor (more so towards Montano)

The incident in the pub got blown up out of all proportion which started as the group singing Oldham songs, nothing to do with Bristol or anything else before being told to shut up by the owner of the pub, quite rightly as it’s his decision who he has as his custom. He asked on a number of occasions and I moved away after the second time of asking due to seeing what incident could arise, a couple of that group trying to calm the situation. After about 3 or 4 warnings they removed them and again no issue from me with regards to that.

I, along with others calculated everything that happened towards a totting up process in a football match of persistent fouling resulting in them probably receiving a total of 7 yellow cards prior to being sent off (kicked out). They were given plenty of opportunities to behave themselves!

Like I’ve said previously a lot of them are absolutely fine, as is the drummer (I don’t mind a drum at football matches but can see the annoyance of it being played for 90 minutes), it’s just a shame the odd one or two spoil it for them and also reiterating my point that the ones ejected would have been removed for a clear reason, again no sympathy for them at all and I for one have told them that and explained that we as a fan base don’t want people like them spoiling it for the good, loyal Latics fans that we all are!

Edited by unsworthlatic

7 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

These nasty little thugs that you refer to isn't an accurate way to view them in my eyes. Knowing them ALL I can say there are one or two who can be absolute pains and everybody who is around them knows the same. The one with the crutch isn’t an idiot at all, perhaps easily led but doesn’t get into bother so much. The one who got kicked out (didn’t stand near them) has caused trouble before and I have told him on a number of occasions to stop being an idiot. For what it’s worth I have no sympathy with him at all and he deserved/deserves everything that comes of this (whether that be a club ban, court appearance or whatever)

I can’t comment either on the whole scenario in the ground as I were closer to the dugouts and some of my language I admit was pretty poor (more so towards Montano)

The incident in the pub got blown up out of all proportion which started as the group singing Oldham songs, nothing to do with Bristol or anything else before being told to shut up by the owner of the pub, quite rightly as it’s his decision who he has as his custom. He asked on a number of occasions and I moved away after the second time of asking due to seeing what incident could arise, a couple of that group trying to calm the situation. After about 3 or 4 warnings they removed them and again no issue from me with regards to that.

I, along with others calculated everything that happened towards a totting up process in a football match of persistent fouling resulting in them probably receiving a total of 7 yellow cards prior to being sent off (kicked out)

Like I’ve said previously a lot of them are absolutely fine, as is the drummer (I don’t mind a drum at football matches but can see the annoyance of it being played for 90 minutes), it’s just a shame the odd one or two spoil it for them and also reiterating my point that the ones ejected would have been removed for a clear reason, again no sympathy for them at all and I for one have told them that and explained that we as a fan base don’t want people like them spoiling it for the good, loyal Latics fans that we all are!

If one or two bad 'uns are spoiling it for the majority, pass the club their names.

6 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

The one with the crutch isn’t an idiot at all, perhaps easily led but doesn’t get into bother so much.

Probably cos he was starting on the ballboy...

It's more generally the whole attention seeking aspect which irritates me - gobbing off to players when they've got nowt funny to say, gobbing off to stewards with the intention of kicking off, wellying the drum when nobody is singing.

It's 'look at me', and it kills the atmosphere. It's hardly a surprise the Athleticos/singing section is limited to a bunch of teenagers...

30 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

These nasty little thugs that you refer to isn't an accurate way to view them in my eyes. 

How about horrible little cunts ? Or mouthy little bastards ? I remember my first WKD at the football too but didn't behave like a fucking animal. It's about respect , mostly towards other Latics fans imo. These twats don't give a fuck. When they have a good time no other fucker does. 

25 minutes ago, JohnnyPimp said:

If one or two bad 'uns are spoiling it for the majority, pass the club their names.

For all the talk of policing this ourselves I put the little pricks name on here only to have it removed by a moderator. The club are well aware of the City fans name as he was the whopper you may of seen dancing around on the pitch in a home game the season before last, he copped a year long ban from BP but still showed up for the odd away game, absolute scrote of a bloke with no affiliation with our club yet he is going about tarnishing its good name.

7 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

How about horrible little cunts ? Or mouthy little bastards ? I remember my first WKD at the football too but didn't behave like a fucking animal. It's about respect , mostly towards other Latics fans imo. These twats don't give a fuck. When they have a good time no other fucker does. 

Agree with your sentiment and am by no means the swearing police....but come on dude. Doesn't need to be every sentence.

47 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Interesting choice of words ;) 

In all seriousness their behaviour was extremely poor and I said that throughout my last post, all I did state was ALL of them within the group aren't 'nasty little thugs'

As for a previous post regarding passing names on, the club are well aware of these people and I have left it at that as I don't want to get involved in pathetic acts of mindlessness like this.

51 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

On from that, it is to do with respect and they need to learn some and quickly! I have told the people concerned exactly what I thought of their actions but other than that I cannot do anything else. As stated previously the club are aware of names of these supporters and they will deal with them I'm sure! 

If I trusted them to behave properly I would have stood closer, I didn't, I stood well away due to seeing what issues could/did occur!

7 hours ago, DerbyshireLatic said:

Finally the thread as with most on here gets hijacked by ridiculous posts...then some lesson in Latin that I really didn't need at this time in a morning

I didn't get it either. I reckon It makes them look important.

3 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

as the OP, a couple of points of clarity;

- The thread title was designed to grab attention of-course but frankly what else do you call the behaviour I saw

- I don't live in Oldham and mostly attend away games so this kind of thing affects me more I guess

- The incident at the pub was what I was most disgusted about...your description I am sure is accurate but the issue for me is what happened next, a group of 10-15 young Oldham fans acting out a pathetic scene from Green Street, screaming abuse at the pub staff, squaring up to them and having to be dragged away and then throwing stones and a larger object back at the beer garden (which included plenty of latics fans enjoying a pre-match drink and chat. The larger object hit the roof of a car....not sure it damaged it but how would you feel if your car was damaged by some little squirt who can't control his aggression? The pub staff said to me "we're surprised...you lot are normally a good bunch"....reputations are easily ruined 

- I couldn't see exactly what was going on inside the ground but it was clearly some or all from the same group   

I realise youngsters can be easily led and get involved in something they later regret but I think if some of these youngsters are known to fans on here we need to remind them that this is not acceptable and we need a zero tolerance policy on this stuff. 

I sound like a boring old fart but I want us to be the loudest, best away fans...not twats like Millwall.    

16 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

as the OP, a couple of points of clarity;

- The thread title was designed to grab attention of-course but frankly what else do you call the behaviour I saw

- I don't live in Oldham and mostly attend away games so this kind of thing affects me more I guess

- The incident at the pub was what I was most disgusted about...your description I am sure is accurate but the issue for me is what happened next, a group of 10-15 young Oldham fans acting out a pathetic scene from Green Street, screaming abuse at the pub staff, squaring up to them and having to be dragged away and then throwing stones and a larger object back at the beer garden (which included plenty of latics fans enjoying a pre-match drink and chat. The larger object hit the roof of a car....not sure it damaged it but how would you feel if your car was damaged by some little squirt who can't control his aggression? The pub staff said to me "we're surprised...you lot are normally a good bunch"....reputations are easily ruined 

- I couldn't see exactly what was going on inside the ground but it was clearly some or all from the same group   

I realise youngsters can be easily led and get involved in something they later regret but I think if some of these youngsters are known to fans on here we need to remind them that this is not acceptable and we need a zero tolerance policy on this stuff. 

I sound like a boring old fart but I want us to be the loudest, best away fans...not twats like Millwall.    

That was my point you quoted but shows up as somebody else? Unsure why that is haha.

I take the points on board and agree with you that the incident at the pub is the kind of things that grinds people's gears as there wasn't and shouldn't have been any trouble beforehand. The group stuck up for seemingly the ring leader (or most of the group did) and that is what I meant by easily led, if they had listened and respected the demand of the owner no issue would have arisen and as stated previously he did warn them enough, resulting in me telling them to stop and then moving away. 

The throwing of objects I didn't see, once they were removed I didn't bother looking over towards them but don't doubt that a couple of them did stuff like that which is rather childish and embarrassing!

As for the original post, the name certainly caught the eye haha, something I didn't agree with as I do know all of these lads and MOST are absolutely fine. 

The experience certainly wasn't nice and nobody likes or wants us to be like that at all which is why as you say we as a club or band of supporters could address it. 

I don't think our reputation will be tarnished too much on this occasion due to videos of opposition schooligans being highlighted on social media, embarrassing one seemingly for all involved!

I'm sure and I certainly hope the behaviour both on Saturday and at AFC Wimbledon will be substantially better.

21 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

20 hours ago, oafc_lover said:

Agree with your sentiment and am by no means the swearing police....but come on dude. Doesn't need to be every sentence.

It wasnt, oh so close though :bobby:

Behavior like that deserves punishment, whether it be bans, police action whatever. It is not up to us to police them, if they can't go to a game and not throw stones at people they shouldn't be allowed to attend. This isn't boys will be boys fun, it's actually quite simple. The poor songs and the drum, well that is a matter of opinion, I dislike both, but they pay their money they have a right to do it. Just like I have a right not to join in, but when your actions could cause harm to someone it does not take other fans to stand in the way. Let the authorities deal with it, and then they can enjoy their Saturdays watching Jeff Stelling. 

6 minutes ago, View Of Golden Gate said:

Behavior like that deserves punishment, whether it be bans, police action whatever. It is not up to us to police them, if they can't go to a game and not throw stones at people they shouldn't be allowed to attend. This isn't boys will be boys fun, it's actually quite simple. The poor songs and the drum, well that is a matter of opinion, I dislike both, but they pay their money they have a right to do it. Just like I have a right not to join in, but when your actions could cause harm to someone it does not take other fans to stand in the way. Let the authorities deal with it, and then they can enjoy their Saturdays watching Jeff Stelling. 

The drums never paid. The reason we are going bust I tell thee

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:24 PM, oafc_lover said:

I think most of us can agree that the drum is annoying when it's played constantly for 90 minutes.

Personally, I think at times it can really help with the atmosphere, but the kid needs to be smart about it.

If he's going to keep using it, then use it to just start off songs that require it and then if they start going awol use it for a couple of bars to get it back together again. We most certainly don't need it for the entire game, drowning out all the singing.

Have you ever watched the drummer? He has no interest in the game, just full of his own self importance, and obviously tone deaf! I don't mind a drum, but as stated above, it needs to be tailored to starting off a chant/song.