OAFC player and goal of the season

Latics player of the year, young player of the year and goal of the season can be voted on at this link

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CDKWK5K

The nominated goals can be found at the http://www.player.oldhamathletic.co.uk/latest-news

Myself? I voted Ryan Mclaughlin for the goal of the season at home to Coventry.

Cannot see anything other than Ripley and Clarke for the awards.

The goals are LP only? But can not imagine it took to shortlist!

From my memory - Banks v Charlton was decent; and Erwin's control, spin and volley v Fleetwood would be up there.

19 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

Cannot see anything other than Ripley and Clarke for the awards.

The goals are LP only? But can not imagine it took to shortlist!

From my memory - Banks v Charlton was decent; and Erwin's control, spin and volley v Fleetwood would be up there.

Clarke at Chesterfield - towering header,

Went with Clarke for poty, Ripley ypotr and clarke with goal of the season. I know it's not the best, but just for the memory of that and the reaction of us all, I'll remember that forever.

I can understand people maybe putting Clarke for the main award and Ripley for the young player so both get an award but I felt Ripley deserved the main award tbh. Also, I thought the young persons award used to be solely a player owned by the club (not a loanee). I might be wrong...but I'd rather it went to one of our players anyway. Thus I voted:

POTY - Ripley

YPOTY - McLaughlin

Goal - Clarke vs Chesterfield

That Clarke goal was such a massive massive goal in our survival. We'd recently lost to relegation rivals Shrewsbury, then before meeting Chesterfield we'd lost to Bradford and had the graveyard of MK Scum to visit next. I felt it simply had to be 3pts at Chesterfield. Then we were down to ten men. So for Clarke to pull away, arch his run and then bully his man and score a bullet header it was simply a piece of magic. The best moment of the season for me. Right man, right moment.

Edited by boundaryblue80

As good as Clarke has been for us, how you can vote anybody but Ripley for POTY I don't know. Only 7 teams have faced more shots than us per match, yet we've still got the most clean sheets. It's down to one man...

The lad has been the best in his position in the division, and had one of the greatest seasons an Oldham keeper has probably ever had. In fact, I've never seen an Oldham player have a better season in my relatively short span of watching.

It'll be a travesty if Connor Ripley doesn't win.

Voted McLaughlin for goal of the season as it was a superb solo effort in his first(?) game playing as a striker.

Voted Clarke as Player of the Season and Ripley as Young Player of the Season because I feel they both equally deserve an award for what has been an unbelievable defence all season.

Says it all really when all the awards will be going to defenders...

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Ripley not in PFA team, lolz.

Would of been a close run thing but Moore edged it and rightly so, 42 conceded in 44 for the Champions as opposed to Ripleys 55 in 52 apperances. Great effort by Ripley but cant argue with Moore's record and he's a deserved winner.

Be disappointed if Ripley doesn't win POTS not many of our players have been anywhere near the EFL team of the season in recent years and I think it shouldn't be understated how important his early/mid season form has contributed towards us retaining our League 1 status, without him we would of been down with games to play.

While I agree Ripley has been our best player I went for Brian Wilson, just because Ripley should win Young Player, break the clean sheet record, already voted as in top 50 in EFL, whereas the improvement Wilo has made is insane. He was nearly released has become just as important a player as Clarke, he won't win, but felt he deserved to be in the reckoning.

YPOS-Ripley

Goal-Ryan Mc, as I think it was the only one I saw, all the games blend together this year.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Would of been a close run thing but Moore edged it and rightly so, 42 conceded in 44 for the Champions as opposed to Ripleys 55 in 52 apperances. Great effort by Ripley but cant argue with Moore's record and he's a deserved winner.

Be disappointed if Ripley doesn't win POTS not many of our players have been anywhere near the EFL team of the season in recent years and I think it shouldn't be understated how important his early/mid season form has contributed towards us retaining our League 1 status, without him we would of been down with games to play.

A post of two halves, that.

The second was considerably better...