OAFC player and goal of the season

Goal of the season is without a doubt Erwin at Peterborough.

As much as I enjoyed McLaughlin's, you'd have to doubt it happens against a better quality defence.

The ball from Banks and finish from Erwin would have beaten any defence. Gets better every time you watch it.

11 hours ago, youngen said:

No idea why I had Charlton in my head. Anyway, that one. Best goal ever

Goal of the season by a mile. Travesty that it's not in the shortlist. Fold the club. 

E2A: didn't celebrate it at the time cos, watching from the RRE, I just assumed he'd hit it into the side netting. 

Edited by rosa

10 hours ago, dec666 said:

Goal of the season is without a doubt Erwin at Peterborough.

As much as I enjoyed McLaughlin's, you'd have to doubt it happens against a better quality defence.

The ball from Banks and finish from Erwin would have beaten any defence. Gets better every time you watch it.

4 great goals in that compilation. Any one of them would be a worthy winner. Still believe that, in the context of the game and significance of the result and it's impact going forward, that Clarke v Chesterfield is the one for me. It was also a towering header under extreme pressure from two defenders. Captain Marvel.

Presumably a homage to the famous "Please don't go Joe".

I think it would be fitting for something that shows the depth of gratitude that the supporters feel towards the young man.

"We've got....[clap, clap], Conor Ripley..."

Should be sung to the rafters.  

I would love for CR to stay somehow for another season, could be the key difference between a mid-table season and a genuine push for a play-off spot.....but, being honest it's not likely and probably not fair for the lad, he should be stepping up a league and proving he is as good as we know he is.

Worst outcome is he leaves and spends a season on the bench somewhere...

Who would you vote for in a player of the season poll without Clarke or Ripley?

It's a tough one!

My dad says "George Green. Sorry, Paul Green", which surprised me for some reason.

The George Green part didn't surprise me, he's been calling Paul that all season. ;)

53 minutes ago, Simpo said:

It's a tough one!

My dad says "George Green. Sorry, Paul Green", which surprised me for some reason.

The George Green part didn't surprise me, he's been calling Paul that all season. ;)

Fane or Wilson or McLaughlin

53 minutes ago, Simpo said:

It's a tough one!

Brian Wilson. Then probably Fane. Green misses out for me, because as one of the most experienced players in the team, that 3 months or so when he couldn't complete a 5 yard pass were an abomination.