4. 4. Brian Wilson

5. 5. George Edmundson

6. 6. Kallum Mantack

7. 7. Jamie Stott

8. 8. Charles Dunne

9. 9. Rob Hunt

10. 10. Darius Osei

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

To add a bit of balance, he had Burgess and Edmondson in front of him didn't he?

It wasnt the best defensive performance at all but to say he got the job done in several games is ridiculous. I've said if Nash and Shez think he's worth a contract fine but how 21 people can say keep after he's played one conceded 5 I've no idea. They were probably crossing their fingers in the hope we kept paddy Kenny too.

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

It wasnt the best defensive performance at all but to say he got the job done in several games is ridiculous. I've said if Nash and Shez think he's worth a contract fine but how 21 people can say keep after he's played one conceded 5 I've no idea. They were probably crossing their fingers in the hope we kept paddy Kenny too.

Didn't Etheridge have a shit game for us and them go on to have a decent season with Walsall?

People are allowed a different opinion, doesn't make them idiots, and as far as squad changes goes this one is bottom of the list for me. We're not going to have a Rhodes/Hallworth situation so may as well spend the budget elsewhere in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

To add a bit of balance, he had Burgess and Edmondson in front of him didn't he?

Quite right, I still reckon Burgess performance that night was in the top 3 worst performances I've ever witnessed  from a Latics player in over 1000 games I've seen, he did literally nothing right and left Kettings hopelessly exposed, ironically as a result of that game Edmundson was the one to suffer most and you could argue it stifled his career completely, going back to Kettings he appears to be a good lad always seems happy and positive and has had a pretty decent relationship with both Nash and Ripley at our level he's the sort we need as a No 2 and would do a job if called upon, it would be silly to write him off after one poor game and I'd be happy to see him retained if Shez and Carlo deemed him good enough.

44 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Didn't Etheridge have a shit game for us and them go on to have a decent season with Walsall?

People are allowed a different opinion, doesn't make them idiots, and as far as squad changes goes this one is bottom of the list for me. We're not going to have a Rhodes/Hallworth situation so may as well spend the budget elsewhere in my opinion. 

Where was anyone called an idiot?

20 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm sure we've all been guilty of misjudging a player on one or two bad performances. Seems a good squad player.

Doesn't even look good enough in the warm ups. There was a fair bit of surprise amongst GK coaches who knew him when he was signed as it was quite a few levels above where they'd expect him to be.

25 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

Doesn't even look good enough in the warm ups. There was a fair bit of surprise amongst GK coaches who knew him when he was signed as it was quite a few levels above where they'd expect him to be.

Fair comment but let's be honest most League 1 back up keepers are limited, with no reserve team our No 2 would play very few games and if the No 1 did get injured you can still bring in an emergancy keeper under the new loan rules. I'm not advocating he be promoted into the first team but could see the appeal of keeping him at the club, it's fair to say the dynamic between the goalkeepers has worked this season.