2. 2. Ousmane Fane

3. 3. Ryan McLaughlin

4. 4. Paul Green

5. 5. Aiden O'Neill

6. 6. Tope Obadeyi

7. 7. Chris Taylor

8. 8. Michael Ngoo

9. 9. Lee Erwin

Suppose looking at this the divisive one is Chris Taylor. I've been a little underwhelmed by him on his return but wouldn't want to shut the door on him totally I still think their is plenty left in him yet. But would like to possibly get someone better a little better. If you were to compare him and Tope I think Tope is more likely going to offer better value for money.

Edited by GlossopLatic

13 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

i did however say release for Tope deliberately....we need better if we want to challenge 

I went for keeping Tope but this is the point for a few of them isn't it? There are a quite a few of the squad who've done well in the last few months of the season but if Sheridan can find a better option for doing the same job (than Erwin, Banks, Tope etc.) then I'd happily trust his judgement and let some leave who I've voted to keep. Having said that, it would be nice to have some continuity for once given that the second half of this season hasn't been too bad and it is nice to be in a position for once where we've got a manager and a core of players who we'd be happy to build with for next season. Let's wait until 1 June when all that's changed...

Interestingly (or perhaps not): in the last 10 years there are only 17 players who have played 30+ league games in two consecutive seasons (it's happened 24 times in total but some of the 24 have played 30+ in more than two consecutive seasons so there are only 17 different people). Shows what a turnover of players we have had - wonder how that compares with other teams at this level. Saturday afternoon quiz to name the 17...?

14 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Taylor defo to go, surprised at the Green results he runs around a lot but i think we can get better. I'd release

Ye he does run around a lot. Doing the hard graft and dirty work that Banks can't or won't do. Breaking up play along with Fane. After a blip of a few months he's been brilliant nearly every game 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Ye he does run around a lot. Doing the hard graft and dirty work that Banks can't or won't do. Breaking up play along with Fane. After a blip of a few months he's been brilliant nearly every game 

Agree he does what banks doesn't re:tackling but i dont think you need 2 doing that. Fane can do that himself and even so i just think we can get better. 

I wasn't Banks nor for that matter Greens biggest fan but both have really stepped up recently, those two along with McLaughlin have built up a really decent understanding down our right flank in recent weeks and some of the inter play has been great to watch. Fane is turning into a decent player as well I liked him despite his obvious flaws but he has developed into a steady player for us in the middle of the park.

Pretty much voted along the same lines as how the polls have resulted. Voted not to keep Taylor as despite his history and connections with the club etc. I think Shez can bring a similar standard of player in who won't command the wedge that he is presumably on.

If Taylor hadn't played here before, he'd have been treated the same way Erwin was earlier in the season. He's had a handful of good touches since he's come back, but he's not been a threat in any game I've seen him. From this loan spell, I wouldn't keep him - he's probably on more than we can afford for a passenger.