4 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

That's more than what Bury and Rochdale get most weeks combined.

I do miss the rivalry we used to have with Huddersfield and Tranmere. Maybe Wigan can be that side next year, cos Rochdale don't provide it.

Wigan were gone that long they'd forgotten about us. Fans of Wigan in their early 20's would have just about remembered playing us. Probably take a while to reignite that one.

Just now, ChrisA said:

Wigan were gone that long they'd forgotten about us. Fans of Wigan in their early 20's would have just about remembered playing us. Probably take a while to reignite that one.

Take 2500+ to their place and they bring similar to ours and it'll soon reignite. Think they see Bolton as their major rival and they'll be switching divisions so there's a gap.

21 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Positive way to end the season all round really.

If Bolton mess it up next week, and Blackburn come down, average attendance could get a healthy boost next season.

But it's Latics, so maybe not!

Best boost they'd get is if we had a decent start next season, today proves that there are fans who will turn up if they feel we are onto something.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Nearly 5500 home fans today....that's 2k up on the norm....where've they been all season?

I dont live too local anymore but I travelled for today. It all comes down to value for money and value for time and effort.

Good weather, local derby, decent attendance, potential to secure survival, potential to ruin rochdales promotion chase, last home game... all in all it made it a worthwhile game. 

If there is value for money the fans will come, we have our best chance of bringing fans back in ages for next season if Corney keeps his promise and Sheridan stays! Need to build on this momentum!!

On 22/04/2017 at 7:39 PM, NewBlue said:

That's more than what Bury and Rochdale get most weeks combined.

I do miss the rivalry we used to have with Huddersfield and Tranmere. Maybe Wigan can be that side next year, cos Rochdale don't provide it.

I don't know - the rivalry does seem to be growing year on year. 

I'm really starting to dislike them, which is good... 

Hopefully we'll be up there fighting for the playoffs with (or without) them next season which will add a bit extra to the rivalry. It's really all about consistently going up against them. Unless Keith Hill goes elsewhere, I think they're here to stay.