Things to Play For

Now we are safe, I thought it was worth seeing if there is anything left to play for on Sunday.

• Clearly we can still finish above Northampton.
  • A win would also give us more points (and potentially a higher finish) than we got last season which must be a step forward.
  • A clean sheet gives Connor a share of the record
  • If we concede less than 2 we will have had our 2nd best defensive season in this division (clutching at straws a bit now I accept)
  • If we score 9 this won't have been our worst scoring season in this division (Ok, that's going too far)
Edited by Latics and England

2 hours ago, Latics and England said:

Now we are safe, I thought it was worth seeing if there is anything left to play for on Sunday.

• Clearly we can still finish above Northampton.
  • A win would also give us more points (and potentially a higher finish) than we got last season which must be a step forward.
  • A clean sheet gives Connor the record
  • If we concede less than 2 we will have had our 2nd best defensive season in this division (clutching at straws a bit now I accept)
  • If we score 9 this won't have been our worst scoring season in this division (Ok, that's going too far)

Record ? If im not mistaken Connor has kept 18 clean sheets 17 in the league and 1 in the checkatrade trophy a clean sheet Saturday and he will equal it ?

1 hour ago, switters said:

We must be close to having the least goals for or against in our matches over a season. Least scored by a long way and third or fourth least conceded. The most boring season in Football League history?

Good call. Lowest ever was 1910-11 when there were 85 goals. We are 10 short of that target. This is the OAFC record, I don't know what the absolute record is but I would imagine we would be there or there abouts for a 46 game season*

*Christ, that's depressing

Just now, Fruitygoo said:

Is clarke going to finish the season and play every minute....or will he get a well deserved rest?

I would hope none of them want a rest. Saturday is the last kick about they will get for 3 months.

27 minutes ago, youngen said:

I would hope none of them want a rest. Saturday is the last kick about they will get for 3 months.

I agree in terms of the individual player - but Shez may feel it's more beneficial to not risk any serious injuries with key players and allow some of the lads who haven't played as much to get a game.

21 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

I agree in terms of the individual player - but Shez may feel it's more beneficial to not risk any serious injuries with key players and allow some of the lads who haven't played as much to get a game.

If I've shelled out good money to travel down there on a Sunday morning then I'd want to see a proper team on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If I've shelled out good money to travel down there on a Sunday morning then I'd want to see a proper team on the pitch.

tbh I'm rather expecting the same half arsed effort we saw at Bristol Rovers the other week as well as at Millwall at the end of last season....oh well, the job was to stay up so no big complaints but it would be great to see us really go for a win so we can have a bit of a last day party