FAO: McFluff - Scoreboard

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Do you know something we don't know with regards to this WUP because you keep referring to it as if it's going through. 

My understanding is that the case Is still heard/read out, even if it's only to be dismissed.

Apologies if I have this wrong.

6 hours ago, youngen said:

I would honestly prefer the money to be refunded and then give it back to the club, before I gave it to the trust. The trust have less correspondance and communication with Latics fans than the club themselves. Who really knows what they do?! Appointing Barry is literally the only thing I have ever noticed them do. Cheers for that...

Might have been my fault that. Sorry Ste!

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Opinions, may I ask, or actually throw it open to all if anyone else knows

If the WUP is granted on the 8th May and the remaining scoreboard refunds go unclaimed, do we potentially "lose" the money or under charitable trust law is there some claw back?

thanks in advance

Theorising without expertise now.

The money is, it would seem, an asset up the club.  If the club is liquidated (I would like to think this is unlikely) then individual contributors become creditors with others.  Likely they'll end up with pennies they don't bother claiming if an award of a few pence in the pound is made.

The Trust would be able to argue it's a creditor but it's not clear cut.  I could see bigger fish bringing in solicitors to claim otherwise and if the Trust challenged that with their own legal chaps any win would be less than the legal bill, thus futile.

In other words, if the club has gone to the wall that money doesn't exist in the club's bank account.

23 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

Theorising without expertise now.

The money is, it would seem, an asset up the club.  If the club is liquidated (I would like to think this is unlikely) then individual contributors become creditors with others.  Likely they'll end up with pennies they don't bother claiming if an award of a few pence in the pound is made.

The Trust would be able to argue it's a creditor but it's not clear cut.  I could see bigger fish bringing in solicitors to claim otherwise and if the Trust challenged that with their own legal chaps any win would be less than the legal bill, thus futile.

In other words, if the club has gone to the wall that money doesn't exist in the club's bank account.

Thanks Opinions, I'd take your best theorising over mine any day and yes I'd hope it's unlikely too

This post has come about because I asked for some proof. I specifically stated an email saying "we understand it to be the case" isn't proof because I knew that was all you had. Turned out I was right. It's an assumption. Refunds offered so accept if you're not happy. If you haven't donated then it doesnt really matter to you or it shouldn't 

19 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

This post has come about because I asked for some proof. I specifically stated an email saying "we understand it to be the case" isn't proof because I knew that was all you had. Turned out I was right. It's an assumption. Refunds offered so accept if you're not happy. If you haven't donated then it doesnt really matter to you or it shouldn't 

06b1f9b822628e1d020f6a7067008f03.jpg

5 hours ago, rummytheowl said:

Yet gobsmackingly unable to do so in your next couple of posts, it isn't that hard to just make a point. You've been here before, I remember somebody on here wanting to put some ventilation in your dental area.

To all - now you can post all the shitballs you want, I really couldn't give a jizz - but be prepared to have your opinions (baloney or otherwise) scrutinised and called out. Schoolyard ballooning is fucking laughable, to be fair some of you might be 14, the others - well, you're acting like it.

Not sure how you work that one out Rummy...considering I only posted 1 more post (a reply to youngen) on this topic after saying I'd behave and didn't call anyone anything. Just defended why I had every right to reply. Also not sure what relevance past empty threats of posturing elsewhere has either (that long back I don't even remember it.) Anyway...

Edited by boundaryblue80

7 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Not sure how you work that one out Rummy...considering I only posted 1 more post (a reply to youngen) on this topic after saying I'd behave and didn't call anyone anything. Just defended why I had every right to reply. Also not sure what relevance past empty threats of posturing elsewhere has either (that long back I don't even remember it.) Anyway...

You said it twice in the same fucking post. Sakes.

The relevance is that whatever you did then, you are doing again now. Unable to debate without maturity.

10 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I didnt contribute. I do not trust the club to deal with any matter in a satisfactory way. In this matter the club have behaved disgracefully.

Should it therefore not matter to me?  At times McDuff you do not help yourself. If you are in a hole, stop digging.

• Matt locked this topic