FAO: McFluff - Scoreboard

1 hour ago, Stevie_J said:

Can I politely request that you stop using the nickname?  If you're trying to raise a valid point, it doesn't help and usually just leads to the petty nonsense that resulted in the other thread being locked.

Quite, I was just about to say the same.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Exactly clarity on ownership and where the revenue will be directed could put this to bed, I actually prefer them to the scoreboard but somehow the club has managed to conjure up a shit storm out of something that quite easily of been a positive, shame really but there you go.

Refund offer is your clarity isn't it? I don't think they are pretending that fans will benefit from it now are they?

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Because drawing a line under it means people cant continue to whine, moan and cry? 

It's clear from the extract above that any funds left after refunds should default to The Trust.

That's what is morally right and legally right.  It's worth continuing my whining until that's achieved.

It's inevitable that any new initiatives from The Trust to spend this money will need agreement from the club and an element of consensus from supporters.

I'd say a proper Frizzell tribute or sign is appropriate.  Others may have other ideas.

Notice how people are/were healthily debating the subject and yet again it's being turned into rabble by the usual suspects. They'll succeed in getting the topic locked again soon.

Blue Guru...it doesn't draw a line under it because people want to know what's happening with the rest of the money they club haven't used yet. Perhaps they'll spend it on another asset the fans haven't been consulted about and move that asset to a company of Simons choice.

15 minutes ago, rummytheowl said:

Quite, I was just about to say the same.

It is how the OP operates.  He uses nicknames and basic insults as a matter of course to 'make his point'.  Some might say it is a moderation offense.  It sure is on most forums.

14 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

It's clear from the extract above that any funds left after refunds should default to The Trust.

That's what is morally right and legally right.  It's worth continuing my whining until that's achieved.

It's inevitable that any new initiatives from The Trust to spend this money will need agreement from the club and an element of consensus from supporters.

I'd say a proper Frizzell tribute or sign is appropriate.  Others may have other ideas.

I would honestly prefer the money to be refunded and then give it back to the club, before I gave it to the trust. The trust have less correspondance and communication with Latics fans than the club themselves. Who really knows what they do?! Appointing Barry is literally the only thing I have ever noticed them do. Cheers for that...

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It is how the OP operates.  He uses nicknames and basic insults as a matter of course to 'make his point'.  Some might say it is a moderation offense.  It sure is on most forums.

I do it to those I've lost any respect for. McFluff is a troll. Plain and simple. Asks for facts and evidence, has his nose firmly pointed to them, still refuses to accept what's obvious infront of him. You're not quite as far gone as that but you are desperately trying to stifle debate and necessary concern on this issue. Now why would you do that? It's the sole reason I called you Comrade K. To some point, it's also mild-mannered humour. Not humour to your taste and others obviously. Some people like Micheal McIntyre and Peter Kay but can't stand Frankie Boyle and Billy Connelly etc. Some people will have a laugh at what I put and some won't. The World keeps on turning.

Anyway...how about we get back on topic. And if it's a topic you don't enjoy...there's a "next topic" button below...simples.

Edited by boundaryblue80

4 minutes ago, youngen said:

I would honestly prefer the money to be refunded and then give it back to the club, before I gave it to the trust. The trust have less correspondance and communication with Latics fans than the club themselves. Who really knows what they do?! Appointing Barry is literally the only thing I have ever noticed them do. Cheers for that...

But the money was raised on the understanding:

ALL money raised by the campaign will be ring-fenced for fan activities and the screen ONLY, as determined by Trust Oldham

2 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I do it to those I've lost any respect for. McFluff is a troll. Plain and simple. Asks for facts and evidence, has his nose rubbed in it, still refuses to accept what's obvious infront of him. You're not quite as far gone as that but you are desperately trying to stifle debate and necessary concern on this issue. Which is why I called you Comrade K. To some point, it's also mild-mannered humour. Not humour to your taste and others obviously. Some people like Micheal McIntyre and Peter Kay but can't stand Frankie Boyle and Billy Connelly etc. Some people will have a laugh at what I put and some won't. The World keeps on turning.

Anyway...how about we get back on topic. And if it's a topic you don't enjoy...there's a "next topic" button below...simples.

Humour.  I love humour.  Been to see Jimmy Carr and Ricky Gervais recently.  Cant get more abusive and non PC than that pal.

No, you use it to belittle peoples opinion on a forum.  That's trolling and/or bullying.  So I suggest you cut it out.  Reduces the value of your opinion for one thing. 

2 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

ALL money raised by the campaign will be ring-fenced for fan activities and the screen ONLY, as determined by Trust Oldham

Nobody but 5 or 6 of you on here care pal. They really really don't.  Do you get that?

4 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I do it to those I've lost any respect for. McFluff is a troll. Plain and simple. Asks for facts and evidence, has his nose firmly pointed to them, still refuses to accept what's obvious infront of him. You're not quite as far gone as that but you are desperately trying to stifle debate and necessary concern on this issue. Which is why I called you Comrade K. To some point, it's also mild-mannered humour. Not humour to your taste and others obviously. Some people like Micheal McIntyre and Peter Kay but can't stand Frankie Boyle and Billy Connelly etc. Some people will have a laugh at what I put and some won't. The World keeps on turning.

You're hurting your own point BB80. Stop with the name calling, stay on the topic you raise, and I will not lock the topic. Feed the "Troll", as you put it, and I will simply lock it. I care about this topic, but not enough to deal with this shit all day. 

Inevitable that this is going the same way as the thread that was rightly locked. I would love to see a dancing lock on this one too. Why BB80 (the self appointed mod) gets away with half the shit he does I don't know ? 

Weve achieved what we neeed to thanks to Lord Sheridan can't we discuss more positive things , like we might actually do alright next season? We might actually sign some decent footballers now we have a real manager ?

there are to many who immediately revert to name calling and insults the minute they read an opinion that differs to theirs. Its happening more and more and is turning people away from the board.

Its constant but some is more subtle than others which seems to be ok...

lock the thread, been done to death!

Edited by palmer1

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Golden that, I take it the term pal wasn't used to belittle and your actually very good friends?

Neither.  Its a commonly used term of recognition/greeting from the North.  Call my window cleaner pal all the time.  No idea what his name is and I am certainly not trying to belittle him, he's a good bloke.

Edited by kowenicki

24 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Nobody but 5 or 6 of you on here care pal. They really really don't.  Do you get that?

I've been a fan for 85 years and donated 125% of the original scoreboard fund and I travel four hundred thousand miles every week to watch latics at Boundary Park and all the away games and all the youth team games and I even travel to the under 5's games.

Ok. Maybe that was Paul Nuttall.

It doesn't stop the fact that the club has screwed the fans out of something positive. If you don't want to debate it, then don't.

3 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

I've been a fan for 85 years and donated 125% of the original scoreboard fund and I travel four hundred thousand miles every week to watch latics at Boundary Park and all the away games and all the youth team games and I even travel to the under 5's games.

It doesn't stop the fact that the club has screwed the fans out of something positive. If you don't want to debate it, then don't.

Debating would be good, it has been handled very badly, it's the reverting to slagging each other that is tedious.

Just now, singe said:

Debating would be good, it has been handled very badly, it's the reverting to slagging each other that is tedious.

Quite.

Back to it.

35 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

22 minutes ago, youngen said:

The Trust should communicate less with the fans than the club - they have paid staff to do so and rely on money coming in from them. 

With regards to what the Trust do? Have a look on the website - http://trustoldham.co.uk/ 

Off the top of my head we've done or helped facilitate -

Meet the manager events 

Playershare

Created the monthly Fan Board Meetings

We've linked up with a guest blogger to give you player ratings from home matches

Created the Former Players Association 

Had toy and food bank drives to help locals

A Question of Latics events

Volunteered to provide painting and cleaning services at the club during the close seasons

Introduced the Junior Takeover day

Took over the promotion of the stalled fundraising for the scoreboard when it struggled to get off the ground

Fan's forums and Q & A's with the club

5 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

I'm still struggling to understand this point. By fans, you mean the trust? Who are effectively the club anyway, and don't really represent fans. Is the fact we have a score board not increasing match day experience. What else do the fans get for £22k? A tour of the ground?

37 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

Ok fair point, but we didnt raise the money, and the money has been offered back and if not used for the advert boards. I refer to above, what would Trust Oldham want to do with the money. I don't understand how this money could be better spent? All I have heard is "its the trusts money, we demand it back" talk.

36 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Humour.  I love humour.  Been to see Jimmy Carr and Ricky Gervais recently.  Cant get more abusive and non PC than that pal.

No, you use it to belittle peoples opinion on a forum.  That's trolling and/or bullying.  So I suggest you cut it out.  Reduces the value of your opinion for one thing. 

Yes, I'll belittle McFluffs opinion as he has mine. And if you want to stifle the debate because it doesn't suit you and all you want to do is call it negative then I'll do the same with you. I have as much right on here to post what I hear from people I trust and it be debated (which to my knowledge, has almost always been correct and come out at a later date.) You and several others wish to mock it and drag it into the gutter then go crying when others react.

Due to the mods politely requesting it, I'll refrain (as best I can) from further name calling (for want of a phrase.) Now can you, McFluff and the rest either move along to another thread and let others concerned with real issues inside the club discuss without mocking and classing it as negative and shit-stirring or do we carry on as we were until it gets locked again? (perhaps that's often the intention?)

Edited by boundaryblue80

2 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Yes, I'll belittle McFluffs opinion as he has mine. And if you want to stifle the debate because it doesn't suit you and all you want to do is call it negative then I'll do the same with you. I have as much right on here to post what I hear from people I trust and it be debated. You and several others wish to mock it and drag it into the gutter than go crying when others react.

Due to the mods politely requesting it, I'll refrain (as best I can) from further name calling. Now can you, McFluff and the rest either move along to another thread and let others concerned with real issues inside the club discuss without mocking and classing it as negative and shit-stirring or do we carry on as we were until it gets locked again? (perhaps that's often the intention?)

Im not trying to offer abuse here, but didn't you start this thread directly reigniting a petty argument with Mcfluff? Anyway

531e219caf88d08c37442d756b121f81.500x302

Personally, I don't think this will and should go quietly into the night yet but I do agree that the name calling should stop.

Its a massive OG on several fronts, several levels  and I don't think its going to be resolved to everyone's satisfaction regardless in the end

Some are happy with the perimeter boards, some aren't, some may ask for refunds, some wont be happy if the club keeps the unclaimed money, some wont be happy if the trust has it for other fan funded stuff, some want more transparency first with regards to the ownership of the boards and who is getting what before decisions are made.

Its how we move on as fans, club, trust......and I have no idea.......so I'd best crack on with my day job for now....aaagghhh

7 minutes ago, youngen said:

Im not trying to offer abuse here, but didn't you start this thread directly reigniting a petty argument with Mcfluff? Anyway

I was asked for (and goaded a 2nd time in the original topic for it) proof of Tifosy confirming they had stated money was used for the Ad Boards. I think I've got a right to reply on that one and since the original topic was closed had no alternative but to open this topic.

It is also information everyone else should see - regardless of igniting any argument with McFluff.

Edited by boundaryblue80

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Notice how people are/were healthily debating the subject and yet again it's being turned into rabble by the usual suspects. They'll succeed in getting the topic locked again soon.

Blue Guru...it doesn't draw a line under it because people want to know what's happening with the rest of the money they club haven't used yet. Perhaps they'll spend it on another asset the fans haven't been consulted about and move that asset to a company of Simons choice.

All speculation...  I'm all for raising my voice when something is out of order but I think the club have done everything they needed to here.

People who feel they have been misled or invested in something that isn't as originally stated can get their money back and give it to the trust if they like. 

Any money left can be presumed that the investor is happy that the club will use it in an otherwise non disclosed area of the club. If it goes to line Corneys pockets they are equally not bothered otherwise they would get a refund!

Edited by Blue_Guru