FAO: McFluff - Scoreboard

Sadly, the Scoreboard topic has been locked before I've had chance to upload the following. It is necessary that I post this up though.

In reply to McFluff[*edited] post over the weekend:

"Where's this proof from tifosy you speak of? Come back to me when you've got that."

Here's the proof you asked for in the locked topic. After your post (and then 2nd post "still waiting") I was contacted by an OWTB member on here asking for my email address. The poster wishes to remain anonymous but wanted to offer 2 emails relating to the scoreboard fund and ST monies.

You will still twist and turn and aim to discredit the following...but they show that yourself, Simon Corney and Mark Moisley are full of lies with relation to the scoreboard fund.

Anyway, you asked for proof...here is your proof.

Latics monies - Email 1.jpg

Edited by Stevie_J

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Getting an error message on uploading this 2nd email so had to imagehost it:

Tifosy email stating the money was spent on the Ad Boards:

https://imghost.io/image/aVXy4

And let's not forget the club saying no monies had been used towards the scoreboards:

https://imghost.io/image/aVyA1

And they want fans to trust what they say? You have to earn that.

Edited by boundaryblue80

• Stevie_J changed the title to FAO: McFluff - Scoreboard

I still think it is a travesty that the club have decided to just bin the fund off and keep the cash. This is important enough not to be locked and some pressure must be applied to the club to either hand the cash over to the Trust, spend it on other things for fans or (begrudgingly) actually put signs up to call the Frizzell stand just that.

Its interesting to read on the email  that they "seem" only to be installed for the last three games of the season (now over)

So what will happen to them if they were not successful/fedback, are they removed?

With regards to fans monies (unclaimed refunds so to speak), the latest info I had was the Trust WAS going to ask the club to hand it over to the Trust and then we were going to ask you what you wanted to happen to your kind donations. I think there were a couple of suggestions, obviously not set in stone until we found out the money figure and then ask you for some options too. All in the early stages of course

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

Its interesting to read on the email  that they "seem" only to be installed for the last three games of the season (now over)

So what will happen to them if they were not successful/fedback, are they removed?

With regards to fans monies (unclaimed refunds so to speak), the latest info I had was the Trust WAS going to ask the club to hand it over to the Trust and then we were going to ask you what you wanted to happen to your kind donations. I think there were a couple of suggestions, obviously not set in stone until we found out the money figure and then ask you for some options too. All in the early stages of course

I would like the money I donated to be used for the perimeter boards, which include a scoreboard, and also bring revenue to the club. I paid this money to help the club purchase some form of system that tells me the score & time played, and also increases revenue for the club through advertising. For me, that is exactly what I have got. I don't understand peoples beef with? Or is it not just as simple as that?

27 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

We understand it has been used? It either has or it hasn't. That doesn't prove anything. We can confirm it has is what it would of said. 'We understand' is covering their arse incase it isn't the case. 

They're not going to state it is their understanding it has been used on the Ad Boards if they were in any doubt. Why would they? Don't forget this Club statement which states "This has been discussed in detail with Tifosy,"

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-3672965.aspx#GL44UT8qxZgLkOma.99

Edited by boundaryblue80

25 minutes ago, blueatheart said:

I still think it is a travesty that the club have decided to just bin the fund off and keep the cash. This is important enough not to be locked and some pressure must be applied to the club to either hand the cash over to the Trust, spend it on other things for fans or (begrudgingly) actually put signs up to call the Frizzell stand just that.

13 minutes ago, underdog said:

With regards to fans monies (unclaimed refunds so to speak), the latest info I had was the Trust WAS going to ask the club to hand it over to the Trust 

How would handing money over to The Trust, which wasn't what people donated it for, be any different to using it for something else people didn't donate it for? 

11 minutes ago, youngen said:

I would like the money I donated to be used for the perimeter boards, which include a scoreboard, and also bring revenue to the club. I paid this money to help the club purchase some form of system that tells me the score & time played, and also increases revenue for the club through advertising. For me, that is exactly what I have got. I don't understand peoples beef with? Or is it not just as simple as that?

https://www.tifosy.com/en/campaigns/bring-matchdays-to-life-with-a-big-screen/updates/knowthescore-re-launches-3095

#KnowTheScore is re-launching today with Trust Oldham and its Director, Simon Brooke, officially giving their backing to the campaign. The campaign aims to generate £120,000 to buy and install a new screen at SportsDirect.com Park and is now going to run until the end of the season.

Once installed, the screen will improve the matchday experience for fans, with live scores, replays and fan engagement. All advertising revenue generated by the big screen will be reinvested directly into football operations, and the club believes that this is a crucial step on the road to sustainability and long-term success.

This is a campaign for the fans, by the fans, and the screen is therefore going to be a fan-owned asset. That means that ALL money raised by the campaign will be ring-fenced for fan activities and the screen ONLY, as determined by Trust Oldham.

Simon Brooke commented, “this isn’t a charity pot… it is an asset for the fans and…revenue from that will go into fan initiatives next season. Get behind it!”.

Edited by blueatheart

Just now, HarryBosch said:

How would handing money over to The Trust, which wasn't what people donated it for, be any different to using it for something else people didn't donate it for? 

See my post above, from the TIFOSY website.

That means that ALL money raised by the campaign will be ring-fenced for fan activities and the screen ONLY, as determined by Trust Oldham.

20 minutes ago, youngen said:

I think most would be happy with this, but fail to understand why the boards are under a separate entity and not oafc, or the trust.

Edited by Blue_Guru

Just now, Blue_Guru said:

I think most would be happy with this, but fail to understand why the boards are under a separate entity and not oafc,

Brass bank, bla bla bla? Who cares, its enhanced my match day experience anyway.

Just now, youngen said:

Brass bank, bla bla bla? Who cares, its enhanced my match day experience anyway.

Clearly a few people care (admittedly you don't). The scheme was advertised as a fan/trust led scheme whereby the fans would own and have power over what to do with the revenue generated. That doesn't seem to be what fans have been left with. 

The fact the club have offered a refund to anyone not happy with the outcome is enough for me now, but some are wanting to add fuel to their agenda. 

2 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

I think most would be happy with this, but fail to understand why the boards are under a separate entity and not oafc,

Exactly clarity on ownership and where the revenue will be directed could put this to bed, I actually prefer them to the scoreboard but somehow the club has managed to conjure up a shit storm out of something that quite easily of been a positive, shame really but there you go.

2 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

My biggest concern is whether the money being creamed off (eg OEC & Permieter Boards) is being used to reduce the debt or just as some sort of interest payment.
It could be that it is being used to pay back the costs, and being sperate debt to OAFC Ltd that is not neccesarily a bad thing as it keeps the club from going into admin, but it is murky and lack of transparency that I was hoping for.

Clearly a few people care (admittedly you don't). The scheme was advertised as a fan/trust led scheme whereby the fans would own and have power over what to do with the revenue generated. That doesn't seem to be what fans have been left with. 

The fact the club have offered a refund to anyone not happy with the outcome is enough for me now, but some are wanting to add fuel to their agenda. 

I know its meant to be the 'fans trust', but the trust don't represent me as a fan, so why should they get to decide what happens to the money I put in? I donated to Tifosy, to be given to the club. I didn't donate so the trust could ask for all the money?

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Exactly clarity on ownership and where the revenue will be directed could put this to bed, I actually prefer them to the scoreboard but somehow the club has managed to conjure up a shit storm out of something that quite easily of been a positive, shame really but there you go.

The club haven't, the fans with an agenda have

5 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I would hope, that it would give you piece of mind that your contributions were at least going to maintain the spirit of the whole fund raising initiative...."by the fans, for the fans". Its your money to decide what to do with, not the club to decide upon.

If the consensus is that the fans are happy with the perimeter boards instead then so be it. But you should have had a choice - feedback maybe collected by club/trust as one of the email posted has said. Has anyone who donated been asked by the club for their opinion? Where you approached on any of the last three homes games to give feedback at all?

Its a bloody mess isn't it, that shouldn't have even got this far or got us all fighting amongst us too. A bit of honesty, a bit of re-negotiation club/trust/fans.

I need to lie down

36 minutes ago, youngen said:

I don't have a problem with this if we can confirm that the club would benefit, bearing in mind the CEO in Feb could not tell the trust: How much deposit was paid on them, How much additional costing/debit to the club there is/true costs, maintenance cost and what is the projected revenue too.

Oh yes, the recent new company registered at BP called LED Media, one chairman and the link/relevance to club

If we could bottom this out, then I'm sure I may sway some fans onto your line of thinking.

Edited by underdog
New company LED Media

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

No agenda here just people wanting the club to do the right thing.

Maybe there was a bit of smoke and mirrors, there is with most businesses. The club have offered refunds to anyone not happy with the outcome, how does this not draw a line under it??

Maybe there was a bit of smoke and mirrors, there is with most businesses. The club have offered refunds to anyone not happy with the outcome, how does this not draw a line under it??

Because drawing a line under it means people cant continue to whine, moan and cry?