Attendance history... on the up?

4 hours ago, perfectOzblue said:

Wasn't it Blackburn at home on a Friday evening where it was flashing up the 'Please Joe, Don't Go' message on the scoreboard? It was when BFJ was being linked with the Everton job.....

Citeh job.... but yeah, I caved in & cheated by looking it up....

Fri 1st Dec '89 2-0

Fri 24th Mar '89 1-1

Fri 1st Apr '88 4-2

Fri 1st Apr '83 0-0

Fri 9th Apr '82 0-0

Clearly 4 of them are a Good Friday. I'd have gone to the games after '86.

I think the fact we didn't lose to Sheff Utd and Bolton and now Dale when we have had more floating home supporters coming back and a good atmosphere at these games   bodes well. Some will of had  the spark reignited  and start coming to more games next season.I hope we announce a couple of good early signings  and reintroduce the cheaper season ticket  offer for a limited period it might tempt a few to take up the offer 

On 2017-4-25 at 8:23 AM, GlossopLatic said:

Think we have benefited from playing the likes of Bolton Sheffield United late in the season. They wouldn't have sold out had we played them in November. 

I wouldn't read much more into it than that.

Is this Pawel's Law style logic being applied to attendances? 

30 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

So it is on the up. Yes!

A financial positive is the number of season ticket sales made where £100 a pop more has been earned compared to last year.  Hopefully a bit more stability will follow.

I do wonder what sort of season we need to spark increased attendances.

My suspicion is that supporters are far more easily lost than they are gained.

Latics have a good start to the season and are top half - will we see a noticeable increase? I think probably not.

Perhaps if we then have a good home game against a local rival, it might out a few hundred on.  I think we'd need to be top 6 for a sustained period before we'd see an impact - particularly if we keep our low scoring resolute approach.

4 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Is this Pawel's Law style logic being applied to attendances? 

Not exactly no but they both sold out the RRE It's been a number of years since a team has done that. Infact it's been a number of years since we have had 8000 plus attendances for full price games in the league.

4 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Couldn't believe the club tried to contrive our attendances as having increased on the club website

Properly Pravda

Home support decreased not home attendances.

Edited by TheBigDog