Baraclough new Northern Ireland U21 manager

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Nohairdontcare said:

As an aside, it appears that OWTB has beaten local media to this news - not exactly watergate granted, but a nice little scoop none the less!

To be fair I think the local media and the wider media for that matter log onto here when they want to know what's happening, for all its critics and knockers we do have some pretty informed posters on here, obviously not referring to myself  :icon_peace:

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

To be fair I think the local media and the wider media for that matter log onto here when they want to know what's happening, for all its critics and knockers we do have some pretty informed posters on here, obviously not referring to myself  :icon_peace:

Like the time Lee Sinnott made up Dean Smalley to Blackpool and it made the back of the rag

I used to have a lot of time for Wright but I personally don't want him back - it wouldn't surprise me if he came back.....

Personally, I'd like to see Shez and Shirtliff again as it certainly worked for us but I do wonder how Shirtliff felt about him bailing last year?

Murray back would be good but I'm not sure how much there is in the Wellens rumour. I know he's been around a few games but he's working as a pundit on GMR so that could explain that. I think Harbin returning is unlikely but I'd love to see it!

Edited by Fruitygoo
Horrific grammar

1 minute ago, Lags said:

I would be extremely unhappy with a Tommy Wright return after his comments last time he left. Plus the sting showed him for what he is.

No drama's if he comes back so my ST is not up for grabs

Pretty much where I'm at, no drama from me if he returned but he'd be fortunate if we gave him another chance.

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

Had been working with Rob Page at Port Vale & Northants.

Didn't we bring him back from there, because he wanted to be home?

Yes but his wife wanted to remain in the US if I remember rightly, hopefully the divorce has gone through :OASISscarf:

Yes he acted like a dick but hang on he got dog's abuse from the MSP that day. There was no conscience when we sacked him at the end of 08/09.

he got the chance of going to a bigger club for more money and working with a guy he believed in (LJ). Yes he got caught with dodgy dealings that's wrong and the fact that most clubs are at it doesn't make it right. But he was never charged.

He stayed put when LJ again jumped ship and was a big part of barnsleys JPT and play off wins. Do I want a winner as part of our set up? Of course.

If tommy does come back it'll be his SIXTH different spell at the club. (Player twice, SOE coach, assistant manager to shez and LJ)

He's clearly got an affinity for the place like our manager.

The only thing I'll never forgive Tommy for is ruining my life in 1989.

until Rick Holden signed...

Edited by oafcprozac

Wellens has been offered the role of first team coach by corney, he told me so himself. Although I have to admit he didn't seem to upbeat about it and just said he was thinking about it. I Would like to think that shez will be allowed to bring in his own assistant next season, if it is Tommy Wright then so be it.  Hopefully the familiarity will bring success.

10 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

Always thought Barraclough would move on in the summer as he wasn't Shez's appointment. I expected Shez to appoint his own man in due course. I expected Barraclough to link up with Robinson again once he got the Motherwell gig.

Wright would have to eat a bit of humble pie coming back here. During the sting he was recorded as saying words to the effect that he was fed up of driving hundreds of miles to scout for bargain basement deals. Something he'd have to get used to doing again in he returned to BP

I'm sure Robinson had a hand in Barraclough getting the NI under 21s job. He may well end up combining it with the Mortherwell assisntant's job, just as Robinson did before him.

Shez does want to bring his own team in over summer. I think he would like Tommy Wright to be part of it. However, the fact that the police investigation in to his alleged corrupt activities is still ongoing may be a stumbling block.

1 hour ago, bozman said:

Shez does want to bring his own team in over summer. I think he would like Tommy Wright to be part of it. However, the fact that the police investigation in to his alleged corrupt activities is still ongoing may be a stumbling block.

Ah rite. Never knew this, thought the police had dropped the case.

4 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Its in the Sunday Sun so it must be right!!!!! Tommy Wright is on his way back apparently,  now we know what division we're in Shez can bring him in to replace Barraclough.

Can you put a screen shot of it on here for me?