Important poll

Did Taylor save our season?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Did Taylor save our season?

• Yes, and ChaddySmoker therefore owes £100
    • No

My vote could be swayed on LL/chaddysmoker telling us whose getting the money?

Charity?

Buying everyone a round?

Buying a part of Connor Ripley maybe...say his little finger?

hmmmm......

Edited by underdog

1 hour ago, underdog said:

My vote could be swayed on LL/chaddysmoker telling us whose getting the money?

Charity?

Buying everyone a round?

Buying a part of Connor Ripley maybe...say his little finger?

hmmmm......

Playershare! 

Taylor saving us. No way. He has done nothing apart from give his orders to other players who must have been thinking, who the hell is he to tell us what to do ?, while he prances around as though he has got a straight skirt on. He is certainly not the player he used to be, and, when he left the club I was glad to see him go as he was already on a downward slope to oblivion. He isn't fit and never covers for his full back by at least chasing back and making a tackle, because he hasn't a tackle in him. Providing he comes off the pitch with a clean kit he is happy. Hope he is now back at Bolton as Shez should give another player a chance in the last match.   

37 minutes ago, OLDHAM4ALWAYS said:

Taylor saving us. No way. He has done nothing apart from give his orders to other players who must have been thinking, who the hell is he to tell us what to do ?, while he prances around as though he has got a straight skirt on. He is certainly not the player he used to be, and, when he left the club I was glad to see him go as he was already on a downward slope to oblivion. He isn't fit and never covers for his full back by at least chasing back and making a tackle, because he hasn't a tackle in him. Providing he comes off the pitch with a clean kit he is happy. Hope he is now back at Bolton as Shez should give another player a chance in the last match.   

Words fail me. Granted he isn't, and couldn't be, the player he was when he left us, but so much of that post is way off the mark.

6 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Words fail me. Granted he isn't, and couldn't be, the player he was when he left us, but so much of that post is way off the mark.

To be fair although the view is exaggerated a lot of what is said will resonate with some of our fans, I get the impression Taylor is a bit like marmite and you love him or hate him he certainly divides opinion were I sit, I'm still not convinced he is any better than a player we could get at a fraction of the price.

55 minutes ago, OLDHAM4ALWAYS said:

He is certainly not the player he used to be, and, when he left the club I was glad to see him go as he was already on a downward slope to oblivion.

I'd agree he isn't the player he was. Not from what we have seen but a downward slope to oblivion after he left us is a bit much. Four seasons in the Championship and two Wembley appearances playing for Millwall and Blackburn he did alright for himself.

We've had plenty before who'd love a similar downward slope.

Edited by ChrisA

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

To be fair although the view is exaggerated a lot of what is said will resonate with some of our fans, I get the impression Taylor is a bit like marmite and you love him or hate him he certainly divides opinion were I sit, I'm still not convinced he is any better than a player we could get at a fraction of the price.

Why would anyone "hate" him? 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Why would anyone "hate" him? 

Player in 'not what he was 10 years ago' shocker.

He was a young lad last time round with pace and that youthful enthusiasm. He isn't the same player any more no, but that happens to almost every player.

Certainly no reason to hate a player who has made 300 appearances for the club we support.

19 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Player in 'not what he was 10 years ago' shocker.

He was a young lad last time round with pace and that youthful enthusiasm. He isn't the same player any more no, but that happens to almost every player.

Certainly no reason to hate a player who has made 300 appearances for the club we support.

Dont hate him, but many quality players are reaching their prime at his age.

Plenty of players with age learn to compensate for their loss of pace, with ability to read the game and make timely passes and runs.

Talyor has been non-descript IMO this season, not a disaster and will have contributed to our shape and defensive discipline, but we I don't think we needed another midfielder that would keep us solid - we were crying out for creativity and guile to unlock opportunities.

I like the fact we have a genuine Oldham fan in the team, but take that away and if we were just judging him as just another signing....well, certainly not the saviour of our season.

For me whether he is good value for next season depends very much on his wages - he doesn't offer enough to stretch our budget for him.

A longhand way of saying....pay up!