Sheridan's new assistant.

With the news breaking that seemingly Ian Baraclough will be leaving Latics after the Wimbledon game, would anybody else like to see Peter Clarke groomed by John Sheridan as a future Latics Coach or even Manager, I read recently that he is keen on staying in the game in some coaching capacity when he does eventually retire from playing. He certainly displays All the role model attributes whenever he plays i.e. Fierce Determination, Professional discipline, Total dedication, Respected, etc, etc, all qualities that I for one think are essential first and foremost in the makeup of a successful future Manager/Coach in the modern game.  Does anyone on here know if he has even done his FA badges yet, I think most Interested  36 year old players usually have ?   He certainly seems to have a very good working rapport with Sheridan who is certainly a very similar character as well.  Thoughts please. ?      

33 minutes ago, BigJoeFan said:

With the news breaking that seemingly Ian Baraclough will be leaving Latics after the Wimbledon game, would anybody else like to see Peter Clarke groomed by John Sheridan as a future Latics Coach or even Manager, I read recently that he is keen on staying in the game in some coaching capacity when he does eventually retire from playing. He certainly displays All the role model attributes whenever he plays i.e. Fierce Determination, Professional discipline, Total dedication, Respected, etc, etc, all qualities that I for one think are essential first and foremost in the makeup of a successful future Manager/Coach in the modern game.  Does anyone on here know if he has even done his FA badges yet, I think most Interested  36 year old players usually have ?   He certainly seems to have a very good working rapport with Sheridan who is certainly a very similar character as well.  Thoughts please. ?      

In 2 years maybe...

Let him concentrate on playing for now and assuming he retires here then bring him into the coaching setup then but not now it would be a bad idea. Assuming Barraclough goes then he will need to be replaced by a full time assistant i.e. Wright, Shirtliff, Russell etc

Clarke could be Shez's successor if we do it properly in 3-4 years time.

Edited by GlossopLatic