"ooh Connor, Connor - hope you get to play somewhere better than shitty little Oldham!"...

What the fuck is wrong with some of you?

I'd rather Boro sign 2 new vastly experienced keepers and MY Oldham Athletic sign him back permanently to play week in, week out in a promotion chasing side...

All this "he deserves to play at higher level" shite....... FFS....

Has Corney finally dragged you all down to his "we're a League 2 club punching above our weight" bollocks...? 

We're a Championship club punching BELOW our weight to me....

Sign the lad up and let's have a proper go next season...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been an emotional day Harry? A bit OTT but you make some valid points,I've also noticed this tendency towards a "we know our place" attitude.

As you say, the drip drip drip of being told to accept we can't afford to aspire to something better does erode belief over time.

"Tug your forelock and accept the perceived wisdom of your benefactors?

Hopefully a sea change is beginning.

58 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I'd rather Boro sign 2 new vastly experienced keepers and MY Oldham Athletic sign him back permanently to play week in, week out in a promotion chasing side...

Has Corney finally dragged you all down to his "we're a League 2 club punching above our weight" bollocks...? 

Considering we're going into our 21st (is that right) season in League One, I think we've found our level - that coming from someone who has never seen anything other than League One, however.

I'd fucking love it if we signed him though. 

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

As the chili peppers sang..."suck my kiss"

Hang on, thats not right, "i'm with you" Harry

A large percentage of the away following I'm sorry to say are moronic and embarrassing and very cringe worthy and these are 30 year old + blokes, we may travel punching way above our weight in percentage to home fans, but a fair few games this season I have cringed through a large percentage of the game and been thoroughly pissed off with the crap drumming and shit generic songs some of the fans sing, I left at the 40 minute mark today because I couldn't be arsed with it and was embarrassed to be frank, and before anyone calls me an old boring cunt I'm 28.

Lastly Peter Clarke should win/have won player of the year by a landslide, as good as Ripley has been, which is outstanding, Clarke has been phenomenal....rant over 

25 minutes ago, OL9erlatic said:

A large percentage of the away following I'm sorry to say are moronic and embarrassing and very cringe worthy and these are 30 year old + blokes, we may travel punching way above our weight in percentage to home fans, but a fair few games this season I have cringed through a large percentage of the game and been thoroughly pissed off with the crap drumming and shit generic songs some of the fans sing, I left at the 40 minute mark today because I couldn't be arsed with it and was embarrassed to be frank, and before anyone calls me an old boring cunt I'm 28.

Lastly Peter Clarke should win/have won player of the year by a landslide, as good as Ripley has been, which is outstanding, Clarke has been phenomenal....rant over 

Would suggest in future you don't go to sell out games doesn't sound like it is for you when you can't sit where you want. 

Not going to all get on but to leave after 40 mins is poor and to blame it on a drum and boring songs is rather embarrassing if that was today's 'issue'. 

1 hour ago, OL9erlatic said:

The drum was particularly shit at Wimbledon but you're a boring young cunt.

2 hours ago, OL9erlatic said:

I thought the OP was a shocker, but this tops it.

Good grief.

3 hours ago, OL9erlatic said:

Why leave? There were plenty of empty seats in our section behind the goal unoccupied or are you just a sad attention seeker who thinks he's too cool for football, if your embarrassed by your own team I think it's time for you to find something better to do with your Saturday afternoons, I've had a look on Twitter and the general consensus seems to be that we've been the best fans at AFC Wimbledon all season, that's the view of their fans so I'm not sure why you feel the need to have the hissy fit.

3 hours ago, OL9erlatic said:

Super Owdum Super Owdum, huwway huwway. Lyrical geniuses

32 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Why leave? There were plenty of empty seats in our section behind the goal unoccupied or are you just a sad attention seeker who thinks he's too cool for football, if your embarrassed by your own team I think it's time for you to find something better to do with your Saturday afternoons, I've had a look on Twitter and the general consensus seems to be that we've been the best fans at AFC Wimbledon all season, that's the view of their fans so I'm not sure why you feel the need to have the hissy fit.

I have been to lots of away games which the home fans have said that we have superb away support which gets behind the team even when losing.Clarke and Shez and the players have also said so.That goal at Chesterfield was almost sucked into the net.

6 minutes ago, youngen said:

Super Owdum Super Owdum, huwway huwway. Lyrical geniuses

Would you rather everyone stood and sat like mannequins like the Wimbledon fans did, I find it really strange how our own fans knock the efforts of those who try their best to create an atmosphere, okay it's not everyones cup of tea and the generic nature of the chants make them all sound pretty similar but surely some backing from the terraces is better than none? Especially when we seem to be the envy of most other teams fans in this division.

If anyone thinks Latics chants are more cringey than other sides is in for one major shock should they be minded to change allegiance through it.

Far from me to tell the poster to get a grip and think differently because it's his opinion, what I can say is I am amazed you felt the need to leave. Was you on your own?

On topic well done Ripley and yesterday proved how much he needed Clarke to achieve it.

Edited by Lags

10 hours ago, owdumer said:

Been an emotional day Harry? A bit OTT but you make some valid points,I've also noticed this tendency towards a "we know our place" attitude.

As you say, the drip drip drip of being told to accept we can't afford to aspire to something better does erode belief over time.

"Tug your forelock and accept the perceived wisdom of your benefactors?

Hopefully a sea change is beginning.

10 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Would I love to sign him? Of course, will at least a dozen clubs have him on their radar if Boro choose to loan or sell? Yes...

move along nothing to see here.

good luck to the lad...

a half decent keeper will do we've a decent defence. Let's spend the money on two GOALSCORERS...

remember goals? Let's be the team that if you score 3 we'll score 4. Clean sheets are overrated...

39 minutes ago, Lags said:

If anyone thinks Latics chants are more cringey than other sides is in for one major shock should they be minded to change allegiance through it.

Far from me to tell the poster to get a grip and think differently because it's his opinion, what I can say is I am amazed you felt the need to leave. Was you on your own?

On topic well done Ripley and yesterday proved how much he needed Clarke to achieve it.

Nah, I was already in the pub waiting for him. That drum with a hangover wasnt what was needed. More beer was. Got the tick, only thing that mattered yesterday.

23 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Would I love to sign him? Of course, will at least a dozen clubs have him on their radar if Boro choose to loan or sell? Yes...

move along nothing to see here.

good luck to the lad...

a half decent keeper will do we've a decent defence. Let's spend the money on two GOALSCORERS...

remember goals? Let's be the team that if you score 3 we'll score 4. Clean sheets are overrated...

over rated ? clean sheet equals a point which is a good start 

Taken it the wrong way peanuts of course clean sheets are a start but let's score enough goals to not be so reliant on them. Best form of defence is attack and all that a manky 1-0 is nice from time to time but 2-2, 3-3 gives the same amount of points as 0-0.

42 home goals...

2-3

5-3

3-0

3-2

1-1

1-2

0-0

1-2

3-2

4-1

2-1

2-1

2-2

1-2

1-2

1-2

3-0

0-2

2-2

1-0

1-1

1-2

2-1

not our greatest season in fact we stayed up on the last day yet we scored more than double the home goals we scored this season.

2004:05 under Talbot...

Edited by oafcprozac

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Would you rather everyone stood and sat like mannequins like the Wimbledon fans did, I find it really strange how our own fans knock the efforts of those who try their best to create an atmosphere, okay it's not everyones cup of tea and the generic nature of the chants make them all sound pretty similar but surely some backing from the terraces is better than none? Especially when we seem to be the envy of most other teams fans in this division.

It's hardly like there would be no 'backing from the terraces' if the lad with the drum wasn't there.

We really have got cracking away support but it'd be good if we could get rid of the drum and try to make some original chants too. Hopefully the summer will bring that...