• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McLaughlin, Stott, Osei & Mantack - options taken

Wilson, Kettings, Green, Obadeyi & Edmundson - offered new deals

Law, Reckord, Croft, Ngoo, Knight & Dunne - released

About right, I reckon.

Edited by Crusoe

Pretty much bang on IMO, hope that Wilson and Green renew in particular, I think with Clarke they are a good core of professional characters you want around the club and between them will get the whole team motoring to the same work ethic. 

Equally Edmundson hopefully will renew as him and Scott are great youth prospects that won't cost the earth and free up monies for our biggest gap in midfield and up top. 

Pretty happy with this. 

If if those contracts are signed that's a good nucleus of 16.

From there I'd add a goalkeeper, left back/wing back, left sided midfield/forward and striker as first choices. Possibly a centre mid too if budget allows. 

Plus another couple of strikers and left back as squad players.

What you would expect - only one I was unsure about was Law as like someone else said, decent squad player (but my god not a centre mid!) 

May be on a fair whack though so yeah - happy with the list

Glad about mclaughlin - wasn't sure if we had an option on him

Does look about right. Feels harsh on Knight, apparently did very well on loan so what did he have to do? I'd suspected that Osei hadn't done enough after the impact Top made but I dare say he's in as a cheap squad player.

I'm surprised we took up the option on Osei bearing in mind he hasn't featured at all since Sheridan returned.

Not surprised about Law we have Wilson (I assume he will stay on) Dummigan (the forgotten man) and Mclaughlin who can play RB another one on the books would be an unecessary luxury.

Not a sweeping change so we keep good continuity but still allows for atleast 4-5 permanent signings plus a couple of loans to come in. 

Out of the contracted players I wouldn't be surprised to see Flynn leave as he hasn't featured much since Sheridan took over. I hope abd expect the rest to stay.

Edited by GlossopLatic

No real surprises. Just hope that one or two of those who already have contracts are told they won't figure much and can look for new clubs if they like.

Hoping Wilson & Tope re-joins. Not fussed about any of the rest. Ok, Shez got a tune out of this lot but I'm not having it that some of them won't reform to the same shite we saw for half a season. Apart from the defence, the team has a lot that needs doing to it.

Law is the best of the players released but when we have McLaughlin, Dummigan, Wilson, Edmundson and Mantack who can also play at right back or wing back, then he really isn't needed.

I would've thought that Osei and Kettings would've also been on the released list, but then again Osei is a young striker who has just made a big step up from non-league and Kettings is a goalkeeper who will almost certainly be back up and won't cost the Earth.  

I hope the players offered new deals will sign and I doubt any of them will get substantially better offers, so that should help continuity for next season.  Stott and Edmundson look like good prospects and have 2 great senior pro's in Clarke and Gerrard to learn from and finally I'm very happy that we've taken the option up on McLaughlin as I'd say he's currently our most saleable asset.

Looks like we might (!) be in for a stable and boring summer.  Thank god for that!

I think that's pretty much how most of us would have had it. Except, maybe, Kettings and Osei are a bit surprising. Can't see either of them being regular starters, though.

First first choice keeper, left back/wing back, two strikers, an out and out left winger and central midfielder who can pick a pass and we should be sorted.

Should be interesting to see who Shez brings in.