Latics' Retained List

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, RobOAFC said:

For strikers I wouldn't mind seeing Main return & Proctor join aswell. We'd have two target men in Holloway & Proctor (feel this is needed with Holloway having several fitness issues), pace from Osei and general all rounder from Main.

But still no goalscorer 

Main had what will probably be the peak of his career at our place. I wouldn't have him back - we've got workhorses already.

5 hours ago, NewBlue said:

But still no goalscorer 

Main had what will probably be the peak of his career at our place. I wouldn't have him back - we've got workhorses already.

That's why I would like us to push the boat out on a Leon Clarke. Just have the 5 or 6 right backs (exaggeration). If you have a 20+ striker in the team you tend to do ok in this league. As great as havin Ripley was, I'd probably try to penny pinch there also as we have what should be a solid defence anyway. I see in the other thread Rachubka been released.  I'd be happy with him as no 1. 

7 hours ago, NewBlue said:

But still no goalscorer 

The problem is we can't afford a proven goalscorer.

15 hours ago, RichardOafc said:

It just shows you how opinions differ, I thought main looked a goalscorer right from the start at Blackpool, thought he was either unlucky or not match sharp. I thought it was only a matter on time before he hit a scoring run.

You mean when he headed over an open goal from 2 yards out?!

21 hours ago, NewBlue said:

But still no goalscorer 

15 hours ago, RichardOafc said:

It just shows you how opinions differ, I thought main looked a goalscorer right from the start at Blackpool, thought he was either unlucky or not match sharp. I thought it was only a matter on time before he hit a scoring run.

He's started 4 games all season for Portsmouth...

3 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Simon cooper youth coach has been saying congratulations to George Edmundson. Maybe new deal signed or deal signed elsewhere? 

Wasn't there something about him going to Sunderland a while back, or have I confused it with something/someone else?

Edited by Bristolatic