Big year for George next season for me. Last summer we were talking about him as the next big thing but he failed to break into the first 11 in 2016/17. He will be 20 in August so he is no longer a young kid.

Pleased to see that we have given him a contract but he has a big task on to force his way ahead of Clarke and Gerrard.

I think this just shows how difficult it is to blood youngsters when you are constantly in a relegation battle.

Over the coarse of a season yu will need at least 3 strong centre half's.  He needs to prove himself when he gets the chance because it will come at some point. 

Not a chance he will get ahead of gerrard and clarke any other way other than injuries to either one of them

Sheridan does like to play three at the back and as I see it, this would involve three from the following: 

Clarke, Gerrard, Wilson, Stott, Edmundson.

Wing/Full Backs:

Dummigan, McGlaughlin, Mantack, Obadeyi Plus a couple of additions

Just need a decent keeper behind that lot!

Both Stott & Edmundson could come on leaps & bounds getting regular run outs in a defence including Clarke and Gerrard. Either can play in a 3 and either can fill in at fullback too. 

I'm perfectly happy with them as as first teamers and it's great that we're going into a season only needing to sign a left back to "complete" our defence (assuming Wilson stays)..  

10 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Dummigan's an interesting one.

Still only 20 but hasn't seem to get a look-in of late.

He's been injured for a few months - torn hamstring, I think.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

Both Stott & Edmundson could come on leaps & bounds getting regular run outs in a defence including Clarke and Gerrard. Either can play in a 3 and either can fill in at fullback too. 

I'm perfectly happy with them as as first teamers and it's great that we're going into a season only needing to sign a left back to "complete" our defence (assuming Wilson stays)..  

Is Stott a left footer or a natural left full back? Obviously I have not seen him live yet.  Trying to work out if we need one more left back in next years squad.

4 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Is Stott a left footer or a natural left full back? Obviously I have not seen him live yet.  Trying to work out if we need one more left back in next years squad.

Left footer. Personally, I'd be happy with him at LB but only as a convention LB rather than a wing back

53 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He's been injured hasn't he?

Definitely injured - picked up a right nasty one in the Shrewsbury away game, also known for it's 'I was there for Ngoo's run down the left' moment.

7 hours ago, philliggi said:

Over the coarse of a season yu will need at least 3 strong centre half's.  He needs to prove himself when he gets the chance because it will come at some point. 

Not a chance he will get ahead of gerrard and clarke any other way other than injuries to either one of them

This is hardly an incentive to sign-don't forget he has only been offered new contract, not signed a new contract.

7 hours ago, Stagger Lee said:

He started out there against rochdale and tbh, he looked a little lost. Obviously thats not enough to judge him but from what I've seen, he looks much more comfortable in the middle. 

Surely Clarke and Gerrard won't both last for 46 games without picking up injuries and suspensions certainly not at their age. Yes Peter Clarke has just played every minute of last season and looks after himself very well but time will catch up on him at some point, we all know Gerrard isn't the fittest either. I expect too see Edmondson get his chance for a run of games at some point.

31 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Surely Clarke and Gerrard won't both last for 46 games without picking up injuries and suspensions certainly not at their age. Yes Peter Clarke has just played every minute of last season and looks after himself very well but time will catch up on him at some point, we all know Gerrard isn't the fittest either. I expect too see Edmondson get his chance for a run of games at some point.

I wonder what Gerrard would think about, "at their age!" He's 4 years younger, with Wilson in the middle