Players offered new deals...

2 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I would've said Flynn as 2nd highest. And has been a total waste of money. Gerrard, I reckon we have had the upper hand on the negotiations (him being clubless) and got him a little bit cheaper.

Possibly, but Gerrard has shown that if he doesn't get the contract he wants he'll wait it out. No way that he didn't get offers while he was clueless.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, bozman said:

Me too. I heard a whisper that some of the offers made represent a wage decrease compared to their current contracts. If that's the case they will undoubtedly at least look around for other options before commiting to us.

I'd much rather we just paid Tope, Green and Wilson what they want (within reason) than piss about replacing them with less known quantities to save, eg £500 a week...

It's understandable offering Wilson and Green slightly reduced terms given their age but I hope we play the game properly for once and let them negotiate back up a little bit leaving everyone happy...

Just now, oafcmetty said:

Wilson is doing his badges, so that may have an impact on his decision.

Well I guess Fire Safety, Water Activities and Survival Skills could come in handy if we have another tough season.

I would like to keep Tope too and his running/jogging style reminds me of how Roger Palmer graced the pitch, makes it look like they never broke sweat

However he does not like peas....any peas reagardless as he left them on the plate at the end of season awards and he made a joke about his first name and peas......To peaaaaaaa.

Quite a pleasant young man

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2017 at 0:47 PM, Latics and England said:

I would have thought Holloway was potentially the highest. He got a huge offer last summer to go to Fleetwood. We will have had to pretty much cover those wages when we signed him.

Holloway and Clarke highest earners.

Followed by Gerrard & Flynn.

On 2017-5-5 at 11:33 AM, NewBlue said:

Possibly, but Gerrard has shown that if he doesn't get the contract he wants he'll wait it out. No way that he didn't get offers while he was clueless.

Only just seen this. If it was intended, it's brilliant. I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumped for a timely reminder of the following:

Players offered new deals have (allegedly) just 7 more days to Decide.

Brian Wilson

Paul Green

Temitope Obadeyi

George Edmondson

Chris Kettings

Deadline: Wednesday 31 May.

40 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Shez says that he is confident the majority of those offered deals will re-sign. maybe 3 of the 5. I'd guess Kettings and Tope maybe the ones delaying.

Kettings is woeful and isn't even league 2 standard at present so no loss that one to me. Tope I thought has been superb but I'm sure if he doesn't sign shez will know who he wants. 

16 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Kettings is woeful and isn't even league 2 standard at present so no loss that one to me. Tope I thought has been superb but I'm sure if he doesn't sign shez will know who he wants. 

If Kettings is woeful, why would we offer him a deal?

16 hours ago, adamoafc said:

I'm not saying you're wrong as I don't know myself, but just out of interest, how many games of his have you seen that you're basing that on? Just wondering so I can gauge how confident I should be in your opinion of him.

13 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I'm not saying you're wrong as I don't know myself, but just out of interest, how many games of his have you seen that you're basing that on? Just wondering so I can gauge how confident I should be in your opinion of him.

I saw the only game he played in and he was woeful. But. And it's a big but. Nash and Sheridan see him every day so I'd take their judgement on him

15 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Funnily enough I was a scout for Blackpool when he was there in the youth team. Fair to say the coaching staff couldn't believe he went to Palace when he wasn't ripping any trees up in non league on loan. 

Seen him twice play for us once against united in reserves and once for first team in JPT and my opinion still hasn't changed! ?

whilst i agree that kettings was bad in the JPT game, to say off that he is woeful is strange, it was 1 game and in that game edmundson was far worse and the majority on here think he should have a new contract 

I've never actually seen Kettings play but, by pure coincidence, I've just read a book called Home And Away. It's written by a mad Bromley FC fan recently returned from USA and made it his goal to watch as many Bromley games, home and away, as he could (2015-16 season).

At one point in the season, their regular keeper, Alan Julian, was injured and they brought Kettings in on loan from Palace. If I say he was less than impressive, you may get the idea of how he performed in the Vanarama National League.

But, like I say, I've not seen him myself so will trust Shez and Nash's judgement.

1 hour ago, NJ33 said:

whilst i agree that kettings was bad in the JPT game, to say off that he is woeful is strange, it was 1 game and in that game edmundson was far worse and the majority on here think he should have a new contract 

Edmondson wasn't the worst defender that night never mind worst player, Burgess had an absolute shocker.

2 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

2 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Funnily enough I was a scout for Blackpool when he was there in the youth team. Fair to say the coaching staff couldn't believe he went to Palace when he wasn't ripping any trees up in non league on loan. 

Seen him twice play for us once against united in reserves and once for first team in JPT and my opinion still hasn't changed! ?

This is really funny. And I know you were absoutely not having a go BB and it was a genuine question, but what are the odds on getting that reply!