Players offered new deals...

Fair enough comments there. I can't comment on him until I see him play but in the past, you hear people slag off players they've barely seen and a lot follow. Hopefully the lad knuckles down and grows into someone we can rely on if and when he's needed (if he signs).

Edited by boundaryblue80

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do we think regards Tope ? With the deadline gone , does it mean he's not signing ? Is he whoring himself to other clubs ? I'm not too bothered either way tbh. Looked half decent at times and committed. But tricky fast wingers with end product below 50% are ten a penny in this league aren't they ? 

And kettings not signing ? Is that a given ? 

Would anybody take Rachubka back ? I would be happy to have him back. Solid keeper for us I thought. 

5 minutes ago, dec666 said:

Rachubka clearly had a spell over some of our fans. He consistently chucked the ball in to the back of our own net.

Untrue, he made mistakes and was found wanting from distance on occasions but we played better with him than without and his marshaling of our defence was massively underrated, he's probably past it now and was looking to go into coaching so it's not going to happen but for us he was a good steady pro and part of one of our most successful runs in the past seven or eight years.

40 minutes ago, dec666 said:

Rachubka clearly had a spell over some of our fans. He consistently chucked the ball in to the back of our own net.

It's a funny one isn't it.

Anything that went about a foot either way of him went in.

2 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

He just looked lost to me in full size nets...no presence at all..

24 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Yeah, "chucked it in" was a bit harsh, it was rare he actually got his hands on anything.

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

In his last spell his record was 

P 39  

W 15

D 18

L 6

F 52

A 40

Quite clearly not nearly as shite as many would have you believe.

Well neither was Chris Taylor but it won't stop you banging that drum.

53 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Well neither was Chris Taylor but it won't stop you banging that drum.

Remind how many assists and goals he bagged then smart arse, in fact name one thing that he brought to the team, he can't score a goal, struggles to create a goal, can't tackle, can't head a ball and is as weak as piss and paceless, I forgot to mention that he moans like a bitch for 90 minute, never wants the ball, has given up on having a run at the full back and seems to of lost all his desire and heart to be a professional footballer other than that he's not a bad player.

25 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Remind how many assists and goals he bagged then smart arse, in fact name one thing that he brought to the team, he can't score a goal, struggles to create a goal, can't tackle, can't head a ball and is as weak as piss and paceless, I forgot to mention that he moans like a bitch for 90 minute, never wants the ball, has given up on having a run at the full back and seems to of lost all his desire and heart to be a professional footballer other than that he's not a bad player.

Sorry mate I do really respect your posts on here, but you do seem to be over critical of Taylor. He provided crosses that should have been converted, he provided stability to the left side of the midfield which was a role he probrably did not feel natural doing from left wing back, but was professional enough to understand this is what Oldham needed at the time. He knows he has lost his pace and he was the first to admit that in his first interview, but he is now a much smarter player and this is shown when others around him just can't see his runs, where as the last 5 years at a higher level those players have. Hence the moaning and frustration perhaps. He loves Oldham, provided stability for 6 months, and is actually probrably above our standard based on his last 5 years. I for one hope he comes back, and fans such as yourselves try to open there mind and not be influenced by the past player he was, but the player he is now and the qualities he now offers which are and have been very valuable to the football club. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I too was disappointed in Taylor's performances since returning initially but looking back he played in a side that moved from bottom of the league to finish outside the relegation zone with a game to spare. On top of that he played a part in a back 5 (or 3 if you class wing backs as midfielders) that conceded very few, on top of that, left wing back not being his natural position yet not much actually came down the left hand side (oppositions right) where you could blame him for being a 'weak point' in our side. That of course is credit to the defence as a unit and as a team on the whole for the work rate and commitment when defending from the front.

So looking back, he didn't provide too much going forward, seem to remember a great cross at Wimbledon that Ngoo missed a chance that was easier to score and also a great run that led to Banks' goal versus Charlton at home. 

Would I seek to get him back? Probably not

Was I disappointed in Taylor? Slightly

That said I thank him for his great service to Latics over the years and also in playing a part in keeping us in league one when we started a season 1/6 to go down prior to the Millwall away game.

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Sorry mate I do really respect your posts on here, but you do seem to be over critical of Taylor. He provided crosses that should have been converted, he provided stability to the left side of the midfield which was a role he probrably did not feel natural doing from left wing back, but was professional enough to understand this is what Oldham needed at the time. He knows he has lost his pace and he was the first to admit that in his first interview, but he is now a much smarter player and this is shown when others around him just can't see his runs, where as the last 5 years at a higher level those players have. Hence the moaning and frustration perhaps. He loves Oldham, provided stability for 6 months, and is actually probrably above our standard based on his last 5 years. I for one hope he comes back, and fans such as yourselves try to open there mind and not be influenced by the past player he was, but the player he is now and the qualities he now offers which are and have been very valuable to the football club. 

Fair points, maybe I am over critical of him but I just feel he's happy to cruise through games as opposed to imposing himself.

14 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

In his last spell his record was 

P 39  

W 15

D 18

L 6

F 52

A 40

Quite clearly not nearly as shite as many would have you believe.

He played in the best team we've had for quite some time as well

As a shot-stopper he was undoubtedly garbage, whether a great marshall of the defence or not