Lambert going to Blackburn.  Released by Cardiff and would be demanding at least 4-6 times our current highest earner.  If we have those sort of funds at our disposal then sign a lower league prolific scorer as an investment similar to the Posh.

Baxter I would snap up immediately.  3-week trial?  Give over.  Even with his recent baggage he's a no-brainer for signing permanently.  Needs focus, support and the right environment.  He got that here last time hence us able to sell him on to Sheffield United.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anybody else seen the tweet that Latics put out on Friday saying 'we are delighted to announce the signing of Rickie Lambert'.....it's now not on the official page...

I searched Rickie Lambert on twitter and it's there!

So what's happened, why's it not been officially announced or as Shez said - have things changed!!

2 minutes ago, ajw65 said:

Has anybody else seen the tweet that Latics put out on Friday saying 'we are delighted to announce the signing of Rickie Lambert'.....it's now not on the official page...

I searched Rickie Lambert on twitter and it's there!

So what's happened, why's it not been officially announced or as Shez said - have things changed!!

Just a stab in the dark here but is it coz it's bullshit ? Not on twitter and don't know ins and outs of it but isn't there usually just a load of saddo losers with parody accounts masturbating over starting rumours?

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Just a stab in the dark here but is it coz it's bullshit ? Not on twitter and don't know ins and outs of it but isn't there usually just a load of saddo losers with parody accounts masturbating over starting rumours?

Just search Rickie Lambert on twitter...it looks official..

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

Why would we want a 35 year old striker anyway!

Give over. Cureton would've given 2/3 good seasons from 35 onwards. Lambert was scoring goals in the Prem a couple of years ago... Please let the Baxter thing be true though. I'd consider a belated season ticket in all honesty.

Edited by longtimeblue

Wouldn't be surprised if we sold him. Great potential and finished very strong at the end of the season. Would be a huge miss. Due to his age and the guaranteed sell on Kidderminster will have I would imagine £400k would be a decent figure in today's market. Genuinely think he could play prem when he has developed. 

10 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we sold him. Great potential and finished very strong at the end of the season. Would be a huge miss. Due to his age and the guaranteed sell on Kidderminster will have I would imagine £400k would be a decent figure in today's market. Genuinely think he could play prem when he has developed. 

You obviously mean Scottish prem 

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Apparently Grabara is on Liverpool's bench tonight.

My theory was that last Friday night when we had no keeper we did a quick  phone round to see if anyone had one who might fancy and benefit from a game on Saturday afternoon. No suggestion that Grabara might be any more than a one off. We shall see

On 06/07/2017 at 10:50 PM,  2uptop said: 

I don't think you'll all have to wait long I'd imagine it'll be in the chron/revealed by Alan Nixon before you know it.  I gave my word to someone at the club that I wouldn't reveal his name and I intend to keep my word, the fear is that if word gets out a bigger club will come in for him. I'm sorry for not saying more, I know it's a pain when someone posts they know something and doesn't reveal it, but I genuinely wanted to let you all know the calibre of striker we are looking at. It finally feels like good times are round the corner. Up the tics.

"Is this still on? I hope u don't mean duffers  he hardly has a high calibre"

7 days on and....nothing - as I was saying 'it's the hope that kills you' 

Edited by TheBigDog

28 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:
   On 06/07/2017 at 10:50 PM,  2uptop said: 

I don't think you'll all have to wait long I'd imagine it'll be in the chron/revealed by Alan Nixon before you know it.  I gave my word to someone at the club that I wouldn't reveal his name and I intend to keep my word, the fear is that if word gets out a bigger club will come in for him. I'm sorry for not saying more, I know it's a pain when someone posts they know something and doesn't reveal it, but I genuinely wanted to let you all know the calibre of striker we are looking at. It finally feels like good times are round the corner. Up the tics.

"Is this still on? I hope u don't mean duffers  he hardly has a high calibre"

7 days on and....nothing - as I was saying 'it's the hope that kills you' 

It's the so called peeps in the know spouting BS that kills you more like. I appreciate some on here do give us quality inside stuff but then you have the others who make fools of themselves by claiming to know shit whilst being ever so vague about it that get on me tits. You know who you are ....