• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Fane is in the team to break up play. Get the ball and pass it to the nearest player in a blue shirt. Or harass the opposition player until he makes a mistake. Plenty of top players have made a very good living out of doing just that.

This is the part he struggles to do properly though. Someone else has said theyd like to see him shoot more... I would prefer if he concentrated on passing it the sideways 5 yards correctly first!

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Been linked with the return of the greatest left back in recent times. Ellis Plumber ?

Young lad played out of position for us - think he's a centre back?

Let's just back any player that Shez brings in.

7 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Been linked with the return of the greatest left back in recent times. Ellis Plumber ?

Think it would be a wrench for him to leave his current club, why do we have to sink so low as to sign a player like him plus his wages would be a considerable drain on the clubs finances?????????

4 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I liked Scapuzzi 

Now plying his trade in Serie D.

1 hour ago, Markspark92 said:

Andrea Mancini 

Been here, there any everywhere since.... but not managed to settle anywhere. Currently in MLS.

I'd love to know the % success rate of Premier League Academies..... vs Tony Philliskirk's or any other lower league club.

Would for instance an Ellis Plummer have managed to cut himself a career out by now having been toughened up being around League One / Two footballers week in week out, instead of playing non contact tika taka with a load more underworked & overpaid children?

Would Tarky be about to be released by City for not being good enough, instead of having played nearly 200 league games.

The Premier League has a lot to answer for.

Edited by lookersstandandy

On 14/07/2017 at 0:54 PM, al_bro said:

Fane is in the team to break up play. Get the ball and pass it to the nearest player in a blue shirt. Or harass the opposition player until he makes a mistake. Plenty of top players have made a very good living out of doing just that.

Carlton Palmer did ok.

9 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Although the name rings a bell, I genuinely have no recollection at all of him playing for us. Wiki tells me he played 3 games in 2014. It also tells me that he has only played 6 games since (all in Scotland). Hardly a glowing endorsement for a 22 year old.

1 minute ago, Latics_Fanatic said:

He was shite. But I reckon Jamie Reckord was marginally worse.

Fine lines, though.

No he was worse than Reckord and Connor Brown put together when he turned out for us but I think nerves just got the better of him, I've since seen him play for City's development team a couple of times albeit it at centre half and he looked a different player, not sure why we'd need another rightback or centre half for that matter though.