Mark Moisley Speaks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Anyone provide the highlights for those of us at work who can't listen?

I would say "Summer Update" is stretching it a bit.

There was one quetion along the lines of , Is it difficult running a club over the summer months without much income ?

Moissley says it's always difficult managing cash flow, especially over summer, talks about the pressure being on the commercial department to bring money in, and then goes on to explain that one club (assumed to be Bolton, but not named) still owes us for away ticket money from a large attendance towards the end of the season.

No other questions asked and no other topics covered.

I'd suggest the purpose of this was more about  getting it out in the public domain that Bolton still owe us money rather than providing an update to fans about what's going on at the club over the summer months.

Was it worth putting a video online to tell us what we already know? I get that people demand more visibility and comms from the club but try to find something positive that is worth saying to keep the momentum and interest going during the quiet season...this just sounds like senior officials getting violins out again!

Edited by Blue_Guru

4 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Corney slated Rochdale for having the audacity to say we owed them, yet Latics have just done exactly the same thing.

Precedent set. 

People slated us for owing it. Those same people going to slate Bolton?

Cuts both ways.

23 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Corney slated Rochdale for having the audacity to say we owed them, yet Latics have just done exactly the same thing.

Funny, this running theme with some Oldham fans.

Rochdale say we owe them money and some fans first instinct is/will be to get at Corney and Latics.

Latics mention no club name but mention they are owed money and some fans first instinct is/will be to get at Corney and Latics.

6 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Funny, this running theme with some Oldham fans.

Rochdale say we owe them money and some fans first instinct is/will be to get at Corney and Latics.

Latics mention no club name but mention they are owed money and some fans first instinct is/will be to get at Corney and Latics.

No.  I didn't think Rochdale had done anything wrong.  I don't think Latics have here either - they've mentioned no name but everyone knows who they're talking about.  I was just pointing out the inconsistency.

1 hour ago, oafc_lover said:

Imagine it happens all the time in football and I'd guess that had Rochdale not gone public about it, we wouldn't be doing so now either.

For clubs struggling to pay the bills yes it does I would imagine this is going to stop Bolton signing players right now as they won't be able to lift their transfer embargo until they pay us. They also owe Jay Spearing £1 million for running down his contract this summer. They were also recently subject to a takeover don't know how that's progressing right now though.

Moisley says we are owed money from a club with a large following we played in April. That's either Fleetwood (large following for them) Rochdale or Bolton. As we got a transfer embargo for not paying our football debts, will the offending club now get an embargo?

3 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Moisley says we are owed money from a club with a large following we played in April. That's either Fleetwood (large following for them) Rochdale or Bolton. As we got a transfer embargo for not paying our football debts, will the offending club now get an embargo?

Bolton already have one don't they?

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

They definitely aren't talking about Fleetwood Town. 

I'm reading it as we are flat broke, we are owed money and we have bills to pay, let's hope we pay them as the commercial team are working hard...but be prepared, we might be a bit late to the table again to buying players.

Upside is that at least we have some players on the books and a manager this time.

Edited by underdog

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

What I heard was

1. We have no income in summer.

2. [people forget that] Summer is a very short time.

Maybe if we sold season tickets at a normal time, we wouldn't have to issue such shite, bleating videos.

Didn't they state a few weeks ago, when people were making accusations, that the season ticket deal hadn't been brought forward to cover losses? If so, the money must still be there to use over the summer.

I am happy to be corrected if that was a comment I dreamed up.

I don't think consistency of messaging is our forte.

He basically said yeh it's hard with no gate receipts in the summer but we deal with it.

Said about a legends lounge (ye I know the supporters bar isn't finished yet)

Said Shez is in discussions with 3 players I think at moment

Obviously keeper and strikers main targets

Said expects we can push towards top end this season

Mentioned that ye we are owed money

Said will utilise loan market again

12 hours ago, underdog said:

I'm reading it as we are flat broke, we are owed money and we have bills to pay, let's hope we pay them as the commercial team are working hard...but be prepared, we might be a bit late to the table again to buying players.

Upside is that at least we have some players on the books and a manager this time.

what a surprise.