Players you wish hadn't played against us?

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:
Bunny Bell.
Might have got a draw only for him.

Tranmere 13 Oldham 4, 26.12.35 (Bell 9, Woodward 2, Urmson, MacDonald)
Bunny Bell smashed Waring’s record with his incredible nine goal haul in this Boxing Day win over Oldham Athletic. Bell even missed a penalty in the fixture which is likely to forever stand as the Club’s record for most goals in a game.

Bunny 9 in a game. Bunn 6 in a game. Sign Harry up and get him to change his name to Belly.

Tony cottee. There was a time when we played Everton regularly in cups.wed have a chorus of what a waste of money and 2 minutes later he'd go skipping away and score.

Got to agree with Andy Peyton. Seen him score many times against us

41 minutes ago, astottie said:

Tony cottee. There was a time when we played Everton regularly in cups.wed have a chorus of what a waste of money and 2 minutes later he'd go skipping away and score.

Got to agree with Andy Peyton. Seen him score many times against us

For this reason you should never sing "What a waste of money" as it always ends badly.

11 minutes ago, disjointed said:

For this reason you should never sing "What a waste of money" as it always ends badly.

Pboro away this season.... a load of our young lads giving their short rotund sub a load of grief while he was warming up. Guess what happened when he came on? I grabbed one of the ringleaders at the time and told him not to do it again....

Edited by lookersstandandy

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Pboro away this season.... a load of our young lads giving their short rotund sub a load of grief while he was warming up. Guess what happened when he came on? I grabbed one of the ringleaders at the time and told him not to do it again....

Next season will see if you command any respect Andy. 

54 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Ian Ormanroyd always had a blinder against us so I will add him to the list, I then wished he never played for us as he was gash.

Remember him ripping us apart in that FACUP replay at an icy Valley Parade - HT was 5-0 and they announced at HT that tickets for the next round would go on sale after the game!!!

4 hours ago, ajw65 said:

Main ones for me :

Edwards - 1st ever play offs

Hughes - obviously

Kanchelskis - for the semi replay

Furlong - play off semi

Jemson - wembley

Robins - the other semi

There are plenty of others, but not with the same importance..

And someone called John Sheridan who supplied the cross for Edwards to score.

Chttp://www.ozwhitelufc.net.au/14-05-1987 LUFC v Oldham Athletic.htm

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Ian Ormanroyd always had a blinder against us so I will add him to the list, I then wished he never played for us as he was gash.

I only remember his 2nd spell at the club, but I think that assessment is a bit harsh. He scored some important goals for us in 96/97...

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You can add John Keeleyl to that list. Brilliant against us, crap for us

17 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I only remember his 2nd spell at the club, but I think that assessment is a bit harsh. He scored some important goals for us in 96/97...

Fair to say Ormanroyd was a player many teams didn't want playing against them, he could be an awkward customer in the Peter Crouch mould, 

3 hours ago, ajw65 said:

Remember him ripping us apart in that FACUP replay at an icy Valley Parade - HT was 5-0 and they announced at HT that tickets for the next round would go on sale after the game!!!

The announcement went on to say that the girls outside had doubled their prices for the following 45 minutes-did I imagine that?

9 hours ago, Wee Bobby said:

That game v Tranmere. We won 4-1 at home following day.Bell didn't get a kick.

We'd beaten them the day before 4-1 at BP - on xmas day no less. The 13-4 was their revenge.