Pre season fixtures 17/18

Sat July 8, 3.00pm - Stalybridge Celtic (A) - Tickets, Adults: £7, Concessions: £4, Accompanied U16’s: FREE

Weds July 12, 7.45pm - Salisbury FC (A) - Tickets, Pay What You Want! £1 to access main stand seating.

Fri July 14, 12noon - Swindon Town (Neutral) - Behind closed doors game

Tues July 18, 7.45pm - Curzon Ashton (A) - Tickets, Adults: £6, Concessions: £3

Sat July 22, 3.00pm - Accrington Stanley (A) - Tickets, Adults £10, Concessions £5, U12s £1

Thurs July 27, KO 7.00pm - Girona (H) - Tickets, Adults £10, Concessions £5, U12s £1

Tues August 1, KO 7.30pm - Man Utd XI - Tickets, Adults £10, Concessions £5, U12s £1

Youth team fixtures: https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/may/17052017-youth-team-pre-season-fixtures/

I'll try to remember to keep this updated.

Edited by Simpo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've just announced the first friendly, and it's back to Nash.

I've been in 2013 and 2014, the first time got there late after work and missed Schmeltz scoring on his debut, the second time we demolished them 8-1 as we got ready for a strong start under Lee Johnson. Unfortunately one of their players broke his leg too. But I'll also remember their chairman shaking the hands of Latics fans on their way out, thanking us for a bumper crowd, which I've not forgotten as a nice touch.

Last two times we played them, they only had experience of playing at the lowly Evo Stik Div.1 North level. They've consolidated two leagues higher at Conference North level since then, with a nice cup run too, so we shouldn't expect to put 8 past them this time! It's also further along in pre season than our previous encounters, so should be a bit more competitive in general, with less early subs.

Also, I might be able to get to that Bolton youth team game, it's even closer to where I live than the Macron.

The Chron says we have a July pre-season plan like this:

Saturday 8th Away (Stalybridge)

Bath training camp Tuesday 11th to Friday 14th: (Salisbury Wednesday, Cheltenham Friday)

Tuesday 18th Away (Curzon)

Saturday 22nd Away (Accrington)

Tuesday 25th Home (possibly Middlesbrough)

Saturday 29th Home

Edited by Simpo

On ours as well. Not sure about the Stott recall deal, but I can imagine the Stalybridge one is part of the Osei transfer. They've been relegated this season, a Northern Prem side now. That's our first game then, fitness test more than anything, but a lovely place to watch football (and rugby league) in the summer.

Edited by Simpo

On 26 May 2017 at 3:33 PM, Simpo said:

Hope they price it sensibly.

Throwing a prediction for the final two friendlies out there, Sheff Weds and Sunderland.

My prediction be Sheff Weds and Boro at home.

Still wished we went on a tour somewhere 

• 2 weeks later...

35300049155_5a7a5cec35_n.jpg

35300054825_4816ea8c73_n.jpg

Russia's opposition leader Alexei Navalny was detained at his home in Moscow on Monday, ahead of anti-corruption demonstrations in Russia involving protestors using rubber ducks. He has been sentenced to 30 days' administrative arrest for repeatedly violating the law on staging rallies. His Tweet seems to show his regret at missing not only the Depeche Mode gig but also at least the first pre-season friendly.

On 30/5/2017 at 0:51 PM, Forte_Baby said:

My prediction be Sheff Weds and Boro at home.

Still wished we went on a tour somewhere 

We must have the worst pre season of any club in the UK. Furthest we have been in recent years is fucking Scotland!