Ripley - Still a possibility?

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

He won't be talking about boro because they aren't a newly found Prem club. Must be talking about a Huddersfield Brighton or Newcastle player.

his reference to newly available options is a worry though and could be Ripley.

Good point.

Joel Coleman won't be on £5k will he....!

6 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

The sooner people realise Ripley isn't coming back, the less disappointed you'll be when he rocks up somewhere else - if Boro even let him go.

The old a pessimist is never disappointed philosophy.

I'm sure we will be able to move on if he doesn't sign and I'm sure we can find another goalkeeper who might not be as good but will be atleast a steady pair of hands, but while he hasn't committed I'd rather we took a shot at trying to get him even though the chances appear to be slim.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I've also heard Blackburn is his next club, offered him way more money than we could dream of, there is a connection as his old man is an Ewood Park legend.

Bollocks... good point about his dad - never thought of that...

Are the Bastards looking for a keeper?

11 minutes ago, ajw65 said:

Bollocks... good point about his dad - never thought of that...

Are the Bastards looking for a keeper?

Apparently so and Connor has just moved into a new house in the area. I fancied our chances a couple of weeks ago but I reckon he's out of our reach unfortunately. 

5 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Someone on twitter said his Blackburn supporting mate claimed they were in for Ripley....

Blackburn have Jason Steele solid championship goalie and David Raya major up and coming keeper doubt they will be spending money on Ripley. Could be wrong but when they already have two very good keepers doesn't make sense. 

10 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Apparently so and Connor has just moved into a new house in the area. I fancied our chances a couple of weeks ago but I reckon he's out of our reach unfortunately. 

Shit. .. wonder why he's moved down here (ish) if he's still contracted at Boro.. .

12 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

If Darlington is in the area. Mmmm r the bin men have a bloody big area to cover. 

Bit of sarcasm there oldhallam...the area being Chorley he has moved to

I have spoken 2 Blackburn season ticket holders I work with and neither have heard anything about Ripley.

Both say they are concentrating on other positions and have 2 good keepers. Steele and another who's name escapes me but highly rated at 21 and finished the seasonal no1.

Edited by palmer1