1 minute ago, joncurtis199 said:

Just me or is there a pre-season positiveness here we haven't had in absolutely years?

I agree...seems to be right through the club...?? let's hope there's a ? at the end of it..

58 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Nah. It's a loop. Always the same.

Really?  When was the last time then?  The past 3-4 summers Its always been a case of "great, we're f*cked this season".  Maybe the last summer we had a hint of optimism was 2014 under Johnson?

Well, it's the first time we're going into a season with the same manager as the previous since Johnson and it's the first time we've had a solid back two from the previous season since Greegs and Rubes?

I'm not overly optimistic in terms of "playoffs this year", but I'm optimistic that we should have more than 4 wins on board by January, we shouldn't be in a relegation dog fight and we should be able to show some progression, even if that progression is 12th.

It's fair to say the last 2 seasons have set the bar pretty low in what we should expect during the summer. 

So it's nice to see the right manager go about steadily building a team. We still need atleast 5 players 2 GKS a left back and a left winger and a striker prefetably with pace and I might get excited.

Simon, Mark, Barry, please help Shez deliver the above or something similar and most of us will be pretty happy and please to God no shit storms.

As you were.

Edited by GlossopLatic

3 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Well, it's the first time we're going into a season with the same manager as the previous since Johnson and it's the first time we've had a solid back two from the previous season since Greegs and Rubes?

I'm not overly optimistic in terms of "playoffs this year", but I'm optimistic that we should have more than 4 wins on board by January, we shouldn't be in a relegation dog fight and we should be able to show some progression, even if that progression is 12th.

Bloody hell had we really won 4 games before January? It seemed fewer .

18 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Darius is pacey. Be good to see what shez can do with him in pre-season 

I'm not convinced he will cut it from what I've seen of him but I'm willing to give him a chance Sheridan obviously sees something in him to give him a deal for this season. Even so I still would like to see another forward on the books I usually think 4 in a squad is enough. It's the part of the squad you need the most depth as it's the most taxing position physically on the pitch.

16 minutes ago, philliggi said:

Wasn't bowled over with Tope like others have been. Just seems like a run of the mill league 1 squad player to me but for so many to be glad he has signed I'll hold my hands up and say I've probably missed summat. Same with osei. 

He was quality against Bolton, gave them the runaround up top. He was the 10 and 11th man after Ngoo got sent off.

3 hours ago, philliggi said:

Wasn't bowled over with Tope like others have been. Just seems like a run of the mill league 1 squad player to me but for so many to be glad he has signed I'll hold my hands up and say I've probably missed summat. Same with osei. 

He's unorthodox, he's bloody hard to get the ball off and he can beat players from tight positions. I'd not be delighted if he was No 9 but I'm happy he's in the squad and expect him to be a benefit through the season 

23 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Darius is pacey. Be good to see what shez can do with him in pre-season 

I forgot about him.

He looked good last pre season and did OK when called upon by SR despite the unadventurous approach that was no use to a striker.

He can clearly finish and I think he could be a very good player. Shez not getting rid suggests he might well think the same. 

10 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

He can clearly finish

He played a total of  22 games last season and scored 2 goals those 2 against carlisle.

He played 18 games for Stalybridge celtic in 2 seasons and scored 2 goals.

Not quite sure what brings you to that conclusion.

Personally I see him as more a willing runner type who will chase lost causes into the channels.

14 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I forgot about him.

He looked good last pre season and did OK when called upon by SR despite the unadventurous approach that was no use to a striker.

He can clearly finish and I think he could be a very good player. Shez not getting rid suggests he might well think the same. 

We were all saying the same about Rhys Turner, same thing will happen unfortunately.