How optimistic exactly

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The league will be very difficult this season, strong League 1 teams back down to their level from the championship and the powerhouses from League 2 have come up.

i do believe we will reach 9th or 10th at some point even if just for a game or two, however we will spend the majority of the season in 15/16th and tail off at the end of the season when we're safe.

53 minutes ago, youngen said:

4/7 to stay up is buying money, not a chance are we getting relegated. We will be top half come xmas, then fade away in February when Sheridan makes rash loan signings to help our bid

Better to wait till we lose our first 3 and it goes to evens. We were 6/5 in January - paid for my ST.

17 hours ago, latics22 said:

The end of season form last two seasons won't last all season. We weren't the only team that picked up form Shrewsbury, bury even Coventry. Desperation, concentration, determination kicks in. Plus you are playing against teams that are potentially mid table with nothing to play for. This team isn't drastically different from the one that started last season all be it more jelled. But a keeper down! The Chances of them being able to maintain that form all season are very low. That said I think we will be lower mid table.

But there are many reasons that our start of season form might be much better.

We've got a manager who'll want to be winning from the off and has the respect of the players. Even if we get off to a bad start they won't be thinking he's a dickhead & questioning his methods like they did Robinson as they know his methods worked last season, and the one before.  

Likewise, we as fans will give him much more rope than an outsider & unknown quantity like SR. 

All of that makes for a completely different atmosphere around the club. One that's far more conducive to success.

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

No chance. This team isn't better than the dowie team or Sheridan team that reached the okayoffs

Is the league as strong as it was in those seasons?

Certainly not 2002/2003, some of the teams up there were fantastic at this level.

7 hours ago, latics22 said:

No chance. This team isn't better than the dowie team or Sheridan team that reached the okayoffs

I think I know who this guy is now. Usually, if he says something, placing a bet on the exact opposite is like a licence to print money.

Looks like we are going up ?

On 4 July 2017 at 4:34 PM, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Cheers. I do a lot of footy betting but never tried the handicap. 25/1 seems like it might be worth and Ayrton then 

Wigan and Blackburn are in the northwest you know!

I will give you (or anybody else tempted by that bet) 100/1. Offer valid until KO 1st game of the season.

5 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Wigan and Blackburn are in the northwest you know!

I will give you (or anybody else tempted by that bet) 100/1. Offer valid until KO 1st game of the season.

100/1 is tempting as I can lay it off on Betfair at much shorter so I'd have a bet to nothing, saying that Blackburn look an absolute shoe in for promotion to me and if we are above them we will probably have to win the league.

Most of the last few seasons and I reckon we'd fancy top half, but this league will be better than most. There are a lot of big clubs with money and I've been very impressed with the business of several clubs, many those who you wouldn't expect, not do I see much fodder at all.

Below 15th again for me.

11 hours ago, Andy-latic said:

Speaking of odds, I noticed Oldham -1 handicap tomorrow is 21/20, that seems like ridiculously good value to me. 

Betting on pre-season friendlies?  Nah.

Edited by Dave_Og

56 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Don't see Tope as a wing back.

Gardner a starter to begin with you'd say.

Am expecting four at the back given slowness of a potential back three but we've got no full backs

Wouldn't Gardner have to start above Banks?

Hang on, totally forgot about the existence of Ryan Flynn, who's better than both aforementioned.

21 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Am expecting four at the back given slowness of a potential back three but we've got no full backs

Wouldn't Gardner have to start above Banks?

Hang on, totally forgot about the existence of Ryan Flynn, who's better than both aforementioned.

Been wondering myself if Flynn will either be released/sold or have a clean slate perhaps starting on the left side of midfield, or maybe at the top of the diamond.

Remember thinking in Jan when Shez returned that he would be his type of player, but he just seemed to be completely out of the picture once we found our solid, hard to beat formula. If he can get a tune out of him, it's like a brand new signing.

Remember watching him in his first game v Wigan and thinking we had a player on our hands, looked intelligent & skillful enough to play that role cutting in from the left side, then just saw him completely regress, was never near enough to goal to do any damage and didn't ever seem to want the ball despite being the only 'creative' player in the side. Was massively disappointing given the hype around him signing, but I'd certainly get behind him if he's given another chance.

Edited by Chorlton_Latic