How optimistic exactly

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, palmer1 said:

Why? How many times have you seen him turn out Chesterfield in recent years in the same role and formation as Shez will use him?

In fairness I'm absolutely sure I've seen him play more than any of the staff have...

Not that it's all relevant but still.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I will wait till I've seen him play a few, I suspect Shez, Wright and Wellens are a better judge of a midfielder than you or I so on that basis I'm happy to sit back and see what he has to offer, especially played more centrally than he's been used too.

I believe he hasn't been brought in with starting in mind. Or at least not as first choice. 

I'm intrigued to see him play at this level having seen him a lot in non league, but from his Chesterfield days I can't see him having the impact that you would want from a starter. Goes without saying I hope he succeeds, probably moreso than most new signings as well.

When I look at the other signings made it puts into perspective ours so far, without wanting to be too pessimistic. We're going to need another proper grafting team effort again this season, from the looks of it.

2 hours ago, NewBlue said:

I believe he hasn't been brought in with starting in mind. Or at least not as first choice. 

I'm intrigued to see him play at this level having seen him a lot in non league, but from his Chesterfield days I can't see him having the impact that you would want from a starter. Goes without saying I hope he succeeds, probably moreso than most new signings as well.

When I look at the other signings made it puts into perspective ours so far, without wanting to be too pessimistic. We're going to need another proper grafting team effort again this season, from the looks of it.

He wont start as he misses the first 3 first team games through suspension. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

The first handicap betting I've seen (WilsonBet) has us joint lowest rated with Shrewsbury with a start of 28 points.

Got a link? Don't think we will manage it but worth a few £'s.

Edited by Blue_Guru

7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

The first handicap betting I've seen (WilsonBet) has us joint lowest rated with Shrewsbury with a start of 28 points.

Bet 365 have the same 28 point start and are offering 18/1 on it.

Bet Victor are offering a 24 point start for 18/1

Oddschecker.com is your friend for comparing odds

Would expect us to have a hefty start on most handicaps based on other odds.

7 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Got a link to bet365 offer? Struggling to find it. 

7 hours ago, rudemedic said:

The last 4 winners of league 1 

Sheff Utd 100 points

Wigan 87 points

Bristol City 99 points

Wolves 103 points 

In some of those seasons the team in 6th has been over 28 points back.

50 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Sheff Utd 100 points

Wigan 87 points

Bristol City 99 points

Wolves 103 points 

Ye surely the bet at 4/7 to stay up is the one to win your money

11 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Ye surely the bet at 4/7 to stay up is the one to win your money

If that appeals to you at the price and you've plenty of wonga to make it worthwhile it is a good bet but waiting 9 months to draw kills it for me, if you like a short priced bet Hideki Matsuyama is 7/4 for a top 5 finish going into the final round of The Open today, much better value in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If that appeals to you at the price and you've plenty of wonga to make it worthwhile it is a good bet but waiting 9 months to draw kills it for me, if you like a short priced bet Hideki Matsuyama is 7/4 for a top 5 finish going into the final round of The Open today, much better value in my opinion.

Ye I wouldn't have the patience. I prefer to lose my money quicker ?

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm not massively knowledgeable on the golf but is there any good value bets on Rory ? I just have a feeling he's gonna have a good day today. Could you recommend anything ?

on a side note I've been doing ok on these pre season friendlies both teams to score 

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I'm not massively knowledgeable on the golf but is there any good value bets on Rory ? I just have a feeling he's gonna have a good day today. Could you recommend anything ?

on a side note I've been doing ok on these pre season friendlies both teams to score 

6/5 for a Top 10 looks good value, problem I have with that bet is he's likely to go shit or bust early on today because he is so far behind Speith and he's no real interest in anything other than a win, if he picks up a couple of shots early though 6/5 would look massive, he's 4/1 for Top 5 which seems about right for me and 1/4 for Top 20 which looks certain to me.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

6/5 for a Top 10 looks good value, problem I have with that bet is he's likely to go shit or bust early on today because he is so far behind Speith and he's no real interest in anything other than a win, if he picks up a couple of shots early though 6/5 would look massive, he's 4/1 for Top 5 which seems about right for me and 1/4 for Top 20 which looks certain to me.

4/1 for top 5...with who?

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Sheff Utd 100 points

Wigan 87 points

Bristol City 99 points

Wolves 103 points 

There will be plenty of decent sides so it'll be fairly tight I'd have thought. Winner won't be near 100 points, anyway.