• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm strangely tempted.

I went there for the egg chasing last week and quite enjoyed it stood in the sun. Even their Carling didn't seem to taste quite as rotten as it did last time I braved it many years ago. 

How much is it?

Edited by HarryBosch

1 minute ago, youngen said:

And for us exiles who are attending a wedding at Latics stadium!

All summer yet choose when the pre season friendlies start......?

Our wedding was when England beat greece to qualify in 2001, a fair few were missing from the group photo....

Adults: £7, Concessions: £4, Accompanied U16’s: FREE

The first friendly is usually one of the worst games of football you're likely to see. But I'm going, because it's cheap, a lovely place to watch football in the sun, and to see how our orange and navy looks in action.

10 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

if they are streaming the game for free what do those who are paying to watch it get!? typical! punish the proper away fans.

?! It's a friendly where we will use about 20 players. Fans will turn up either way. Good for me as I'm working! 

2 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

?! It's a friendly where we will use about 20 players. Fans will turn up either way. Good for me as I'm working! 

I know that mate but most Latics fans want somat for nothing. I cant go or watch as it happens.

I look forward to a couple of players whole future career being judged on here after 45 mins of football though :) 

2 hours ago, singe said:

Our wedding was when England beat greece to qualify in 2001, a fair few were missing from the group photo....

We had to time ours between the chance of Everton making the FA Cup final and England progressing in Euro 2016. In hindsight we were probably over thinking it.

2 hours ago, singe said:

It is being held in the North Stand, so I think he had banked on us having a home friendly!

1 hour ago, palmer1 said:

if they are streaming the game for free what do those who are paying to watch it get!? typical! punish the proper away fans.

Funnily enough it has been deemed a pay what you want fixture.

See para 10

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/104372/talks-at-advanced-stage-as-latics-eye-new-faces

Punishing the proper away fans has happened since the first televised game, and proper fans (like you) still go.

Edited by singe

7 minutes ago, singe said:

See para 10

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/104372/talks-at-advanced-stage-as-latics-eye-new-faces

Punishing the proper away fans has happened since the first televised game, and proper fans (like you) still go.

twas in jest!

33 minutes ago, singe said:

See para 10

It's Salisbury that is pay what you want.

Me the lad and his mate going to a ground that I've driven past hundreds of times but never been to. Looking forward to it, just for a day out a few beers and see how the new players fit in...can't be as bad as Fylde this time last year, where we were played off the park and Jake Cassidy got the hump at half time.