Few people taking the piss out of the fcuk Flag and the lads stood with it, for me this absolutely suits the current mood for me, if anyone has visited Royton to see the flowers, went to Tandle Hills or visited Victoria Station this flag sums my feeling up. Just think this bomb so close to home has effected alot of people and this flag obviously has a story, I don't know what it is but I respect the effort. FCUK ISIS and Radical Islam. The West is the best and our culture is better than any other. Yes red hand blah blah but message is on point. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who haven't seen it on social media this is the flag.

A red hand and a crown makes me wonder if that's how £100 of the £1 billion the DUP got to prop up the Tory government was spent, or if the people who sent threatening messages to Darren Kelly over his links to Martin McGuinness are responsible.

It really is a daft thing to take to a football match, nevermind, a pre-season friendly between Oldham and Staylbridge.

As for the lads pictured with it - if you don't want to have the piss taken don't stand behind such a cringeworthy flag, especially when it isn't necessarily yours. (No I'm not going to post that picture)

IMG_0460.JPG

I don't remember a 'fuck the IRA' flag in the 1980s -although the song was equally embarrassing.

theyll have that flag confiscated by the police first friendly at BP might as well have spent your money on good whiskey lads.

if you were old enough to drink that is...

Edited by oafcprozac

54 minutes ago, Matt said:

I suspect most flags have a story, the trick is understanding it.

gunmen-of-the-uda-uff-a-british-terror-f

Isis-ledeNew2.jpg

I think the story of the ISIS flag is they like to chop peoples heads off, treat women like second class citizens and throw Gays off buildings, they also seem to like blowing kids up at a pop concerts. What I was referring too was the people behind the flag at the game might know people or have been directly involved in the horrible events at the MEN. But you knew that. I get people don't want it at a football match, its a game not a political stage, However I can understand why its there, it sums up the mood of some people, maybe not most as this post has shown.   

7 hours ago, leeslover said:

Selective about which terrorists you approve of, are you? Happy to turn a blind eye to support of some terrorists? A bit off message I'd have thought. Blah blah.

Nope not selective, just concentrating on what happened a few weeks ago and that I understand why there's a flag in the first place, Also you don't know me and I'm not happy to turn a blind eye to any form of terrorism hence why I started this post. I take it your more offended by the red hand?

12 minutes ago, ShakerT said:

I think the story of the ISIS flag is they like to chop peoples heads off, treat women like second class citizens and throw Gays off buildings, they also seem to like blowing kids up at a pop concerts. What I was referring too was the people behind the flag at the game might know people or have been directly involved in the horrible events at the MEN. But you knew that. I get people don't want it at a football match, its a game not a political stage, However I can understand why its there, it sums up the mood of some people, maybe not most as this post has shown.   

Whereas the extreme unionists, allow women to do what they want with their bodies, love homosexuals and abhor the killing of innocents.

Oh wait

The recent horrors have appalled me and I know that there will be many in the Oldham and Royton area who will have been affected. My heart goes out to them all.

But a flag such as this at a football match? A friendly between two local teams? Whoever dreamed this up is very misguided even though I doubt their intentions were inflammatory.

Football matches are not the place for politics, religion or anything else  other than enjoying the beautiful game. Be sensible, lads. Destroy the bloody thing before it becomes a potentially serious situation.

24 minutes ago, ShakerT said:

What I was referring too was the people behind the flag at the game might know people or have been directly involved in the horrible events at the MEN. But you knew that.

Nope, I didn't - and knowing that now makes me feel a little uneasy, I would never have thought that the sum total of impact felt from the Arena atrocity for some would be a cheap, shite flag with mixed messages on it. You seem to know about the Black Standard or at least the people who use it, how about the Ulster Banner?

19 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Whereas the extreme unionists, allow women to do what they want with their bodies, love homosexuals and abhor the killing of innocents.

Oh wait

well said couldn't agree more 

2 minutes ago, cav said:

If that's how they feel then fine but why have the club badge on it? It's just more bad publicity for the club

I can imagine the club will be in touch with those lads sooner rather than later, and we won't be seeing it at BP anytime soon. 

For me if the Flag Owner is from Northern Ireland and wants to display his support for Latics on what is the official flag for Northern Ireland then fair play

Personally I think the F*%k ISIS is unnecessary as there cant be a single football fan in the UK that feels anything other than pure contempt for ISIS

Most Clubs will simply not allow it into their Stadiums