Hunt to return to Oldham

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Stagger Lee said:

Good news, even with all the right backs we had last season he seemed to become first choice. I did not see the length of the contract in that article so can anyone enlighten us?

He's a left back/left wing back.

26 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He played most of his football on the left for Brighton so I just presumed it was his favoured position.

54 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

This sounds like a rumour after Shez was overheard repeatedly using the word "Hunt". I'm pretty sure it was "Hunt" anyway.

I think he might be buying Hunt for his kids for their Christmas present.

Could have meant in the hunt for a left back.

10 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Am intrigued to see how Dummigan gets on this season, after he totally underwhelmed after signing permanently.

He should get a free ride as under OWTB rules any player who's had a long term injury gets a years free grace from any scrutiny.

Nice signing if true, would expect to see another left back in aswell. If we get him for free, could be good business depending how well he develops. Similar situation to Dummigan last season, just hope he kicks on instead of finding his level.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

He played most of his football on the left for Brighton so I just presumed it was his favoured position.

Stop making stuff up. He made his debut at RB as a replacement for Bruno. He made his full debut at RB when Bruno was rested in the FA Cup and got all his starts at RB when Bruno was injured.

The Argus (the newspaper in Brighton) says he is a RB, The Chron refered to him as a RB when we signed him and he is a RB on FIFA.

29 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Stop making stuff up. He made his debut at RB as a replacement for Bruno. He made his full debut at RB when Bruno was rested in the FA Cup and got all his starts at RB when Bruno was injured.

The Argus (the newspaper in Brighton) says he is a RB, The Chron refered to him as a RB when we signed him and he is a RB on FIFA.

He's actually a left back on Fifa 

32 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

He's left footed

Made his Oldham debut on the right. He is a right footed, right sided player who looks solid at left back and can use his left foot.

It the reason Shez bought him as our left full backs were crap!

Edited by palmer1

We need a left back.

The manager has identified a left back as a priority target.

We have several players who can play at right back, including one who before last season played very well in that position and is probably on a sizeable wage.

Hunt can play left back.

Whether or not Hunt is naturally a right back, I’d be amazed if we were using up wage budget and possibly even paying a fee to fill a space in the squad that we are adequately staffed for.

Edited by Crusoe