34 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

Hero of Latics 0-6 Southampton.

although I only blame him for the second goal.

Trickled through his legs?

You'd have thought we'd been beaten by the 1970 Brazil team the way we went on about Southampton after that game (they were good to be fair). Didn't even win the league did they?

32 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

You'd have thought we'd been beaten by the 1970 Brazil team the way we went on about Southampton after that game (they were good to be fair). Didn't even win the league did they?

When they all lined up on the pitch in that big, long row with the officials in the middle it looked like a rapidly ascending line graph. They all looked huge.

Think we drew 2-2 at their place too.

38 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Look up the team they put out against us, it was basically a premier league team. Anybody got a link to it...

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Look up the team they put out against us, it was basically a premier league team. Anybody got a link to it...

Exactly, that side made up most of the side that won promotion to the Premiership the season after, and arguably was better as they sold Oxlade-Chamberlain in the off-season after their promotion.

The transfer fees alone of that side should indicate just how good a side it was.

I know but you are letting evidence get in the way of a good OWTB FACT. He was shite that night and with a decent goalie and a centre forward (not Tounkare) who could score from straight in front of an open goal from 2 yards we'd have won 1-0.

FACT ?

Edited by astottie

7 hours ago, opinions4u said:

Hero of Latics 0-6 Southampton.

although I only blame him for the second goal.

I remember thinking that re-arranging that Southampton game after a month of not playing due to the terrible winter we had (fitness levels in team had dropped massively) was just suicide. Turned out to be. Amos was a passenger on a train wreck that day. 

2 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I remember thinking that re-arranging that Southampton game after a month of not playing due to the terrible winter we had (fitness levels in team had dropped massively) was just suicide. Turned out to be. Amos was a passenger on a train wreck that day. 

To be fair, we beat Swindon, Plymouth and Brentford either side of that match, plus we went on a good unbeaten run straight after it so I don't think timing had any bearing on that. Our form from late Feb to the end of the season was woeful. Could've been double figures had we played them late-season.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly