Courtney Duffus - Everton - Confirmed Deal

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Permanent signing makes it very interesting. Ambitious.

Stop it. Stop it now. :lol:

We know nothing about him. He might be on £300 a week for all we know and a long way off the first team. 

I hope he's straight in & fires us to promotion, but I have no idea......

It's usually me & me alone getting overly giddy at this time of year but loads are at it this time round chucking out all kinds of questionable statements & theories. 

Corbyn's Britain eh....

34 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He literally signed a new 1 year deal with Everton 2 weeks ago. Reckon they've done that so he couldn't leave for nothing? 

They'd be entitled to compensation anyway wouldn't they?

3 minutes ago, philliggi said:

I see he has played for Bury on loan. Be interested to see what their lot make of him

5 games nearly 3 years ago. Their opinion is highly likely to be irrelevant.

He played once in the Checkatrade trophy last season for Everton u23s. Aside from the Premier League youth competition and u21 games for Eire he hasn't played much.

I like this signing.  If nothing else he'll be decent back up to Davies, Holloway and Obadeyi, but clearly he has something about him and could flourish under Shez.

As has been said before, having a squad where a lot of them have 2 year + contracts and potential to improve is a welcome sign.  I doubt that we'll be world beaters but I feel that we can invest in this squad as fans.

34 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I thought not if they didn't offer a new deal and just released? Not 100% sure

Compensation applies when a player u23, or u24, if purely domestic, is offered a contract on equal or better terms in writing. Think any club would offer that for any player with possible interest from other clubs.