Salisbury match live stream on Latics Facebook

6 minutes ago, Oafc88 said:

On the club website they are saying the stream reached an audience of 1.1 million people Saturday!!!

What sorcery is this?

Was the number calculated by the same people who do Blackpools attendances?

13 minutes ago, astottie said:

Cannot open the page as the address was invalid

has anybody actually watched either of these? 600+ according to the caption

Works better via Facebook than through the link from the official site, I've found..

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Playing some decent stuff so far. Good finish by Flynn from edge of 18 after 2 mins 1st time bottom corner

Well on top..like a Sunday  stroll.

Edited by BP1960

What's sadder than watching a pre-season friendly? Watching a pre-season friendly via Facebook on the internet? Posting in a thread about people watching a pre-season friendly via Facebook on the internet?

I think we all lose.

It's a bit blurry but are they wearing squad numbers and names on the shirts? Wouldn't normally read too much into that in a PSF but it looks like Dummigan is 2, Gardner 6, Davies 9, McLaughlin 11 - which supports the idea we need a 3 (duh) and there's no obvious 12 or 14.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

What's sadder than watching a pre-season friendly? Watching a pre-season friendly via Facebook on the internet? Posting in a thread about people watching a pre-season friendly via Facebook on the internet?

I think we all lose.

Probably taking a picture of the steam set up on your TV at home and having it tweeted by the Fishul!! I win!
I think it's great though, Imagine being able to watch a pre season friendly.

30 years ago I had to wait two days to get the paper in the French Alps to see the Play off score!

Well that was an enjoyable couple of hours on a pleasant Wiltshire summer evening!

crowd was 487 with maybe 50 Latics (the Salisbury supporters I chatted to were amazed there were so many of us!)

what tonight really highlighted for me is we have a settled squad....it was great to actually recognise almost all the players  at the start of.a season! 

Craig Davies worked hard but is obviously a little rusty. Paul Green was energetic first half and Flynn finished a very nice move early on to give us the lead.

second half we took pity on their strikers so took off Clarkey and young George at the back and replaced them with Wilson and Gerrard (who still looks like the only professional sport he is built for is darts!) but they still managed to miss the chances we gifted them.

Tope took his chances late on (last one was a cracker) and on this showing he looks well ahead of Osei and then I guess it's Davies or Holloway but at least we have some competition up front...and one more to come in??

all in all, a good run out and feels like we are on the right track.