Salisbury match live stream on Latics Facebook

Very enjoyable evening out. We never really had to break sweat and could have been 4 up by half time. Banks was guilty of some dreadful passing at times, but there wasn't a lot to complain about.

Impossible to judge Peacock-Farrell; he had nothing to do. Made one routine save to a weak grass cutter after half an hour, caught a couple of crosses and that was about it.

Mantack had a decent second half, Tope was a handful, Davies worked hard, Fane got stuck in (a bit too hard at times), Green and Dummigan worked well together. It was basically a training session, but some very good signs.

On the one occasion they broke through, how did their striker not score when only P-F to beat from 6 yards. It was hilarious, particularly as he even gave Gerrard sufficient time to get back from nowhere to keep him out.

Great banter with some of the Salisbury fans and made to feel very welcome.

Edited by Bristolatic

8 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

What's sadder than watching a pre-season friendly? Watching a pre-season friendly via Facebook on the internet? Posting in a thread about people watching a pre-season friendly via Facebook on the internet?

I think we all lose.

Posting in a thread about their husband (my wife) watching a pre-season friendly via facebook on the internet at 5am in Brisbane to her mother whilst eating porridge.

My wife now has nothing left to lose... 

Edited by L1onheartNew

5 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Posting in a thread about their husband (my wife) watching a pre-season friendly via facebook on the internet at 5am in Brisbane to her mother whilst eating porridge.

My wife now has nothing left to lose... 

Singe: Yeah, I posted a picture of my TV for Luke at the 'Fishul to retweet.

L1ionheartnew: Hold my beer

8 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I hope the stream is better for league games than these 2 friendlies. 

I got up at 4:30am last night and it wasn't great

I found the technology very exciting, like listening the fading music on the innovative Radio Luxembourg.  

We were part of something that will better as time goes on, in later years you will tell your grandchildren with great fondness you were one of the first to watch a live facebook internet stream of a football match. 

Edited by BP1960

10 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

On the one occasion they broke through, how did their striker not score when only P-F to beat from 6 yards

This is one slight worry with such weak opposition in pre-season. Won't be able to see what the lad is capable of. Hopefully, Swindon and Curzon will be stronger tests for him.

12 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

In fairness, P-F stood pretty tall and didn't give the kid a lot of room but, once the lad got round him, he should have put it away. And would have done, but for the lightning speed :o of Gerrard's recovery to block.

I was alarmed how the defence was split open, still with different defensive partnerships it would be difficult to gel at this stage. 

23 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I was alarmed how the defence was split open, still with different defensive partnerships it would be difficult to gel at this stage. 

Gerrard had his hand up straight after to apologise. Must have been his error. 

5 hours ago, singe said:

Does anyone technical know if it was the quality of the camera, or the fact it was through Facebook v a website?

I presume it was our camera. It seemed more of an issue whent he camera was panning.

I don't know the answer, but is it down to the download speed. I don't have fibre and the players turned into horizontal stripes. Perhaps that may not happen with a fibre connection. The camera work was very jerky again, most likely that is down to the quality of the camera. At least we had decent sound this time, I suppose after watching football on TV all this time we expect the same from this. I kept expecting a replay after a goal.

I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to add commentary.

However a decent attempt from the club, no doubt practicing for the live league broadcasts.

31 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I don't know the answer, but is it down to the download speed. I don't have fibre and the players turned into horizontal stripes. Perhaps that may not happen with a fibre connection. The camera work was very jerky again, most likely that is down to the quality of the camera. At least we had decent sound this time, I suppose after watching football on TV all this time we expect the same from this. I kept expecting a replay after a goal.

I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to add commentary.

However a decent attempt from the club, no doubt practicing for the live league broadcasts.

No need for commentary, much better listening to Shez shouting at Banks and Mantack!

I've got mid range fibre, so possibly that was an issue, and over wireless network so maybe that was partly the issue, and up to the larger screen. 

I did enjoy hearing Shez! Its quite interesting when the management team is pretty much all you can hear! 

7 minutes ago, singe said:

I've got mid range fibre, so possibly that was an issue, and over wireless network so maybe that was partly the issue, and up to the larger screen. 

I did enjoy hearing Shez! Its quite interesting when the management team is pretty much all you can hear! 

I've got good fibre and was same o  phone and laptop. Will depend on their signal and connection their side I think