New signing - Rob Hunt

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Left back has been a problem area for some time, I'd like to see another one come in who can perform there rather than some one just filling in, we've got cover in most other positions but Hunt should be a good first choice. Stott did ok there when he filled in and it made a difference having a physical player at left back so thinking about it he isn't a bad option there.

Need to get Dummmminnghammnmnmnahmam back firing on the other side, he was well off the pace when he signed permanently and then injury stopped him getting his form back. 

And thinking more about the defence, we played a three at times last season and with Clarke, Gerrard, Edmondson, Wilson and Stott who could be part of a three we do have options across the back line. I still think we need:

2xKeeper

1xStriker

1xWinger

1xCM

1 hour ago, pukka said:

Still worried that we wont score enough goals, but the signings so far have been positive. This one is a very good one. Ability, and youth on his side.

Shez will find a way of getting goals and points I'm sure. Now that he's getting his own squad together and a pre season , as opposed to coming into one that already looks relegated. I'm quietly (getting louder) optimistic but not yet giddy! I will be giddy that now thanks to 2uptop we now know Baxter is imminent, once it's over the line (pardon the pun)

57 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not really fancied tho were they ? I doubt there would be one in place , unless of course it's commonplace to add in deals ? And would it really be that big ?

Wouldn't have to be that big. Presumably we were paying his wages last season, whilst he was here. Can see Hunt's transfer being one with clauses like buy-back, sell-on, games etc. Plus we get a rumoured 0.1% of Stephens (although that deal is with Charlton), so that could be factored in.

We spent £100k on Holloway, £50k on Fane, it's not that unusual for Corney to spend some money on transfer fees.

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Shez will find a way of getting goals and points I'm sure. Now that he's getting his own squad together and a pre season , as opposed to coming into one that already looks relegated. I'm quietly (getting louder) optimistic but not yet giddy! I will be giddy that now thanks to 2uptop we now know Baxter is imminent, once it's over the line (pardon the pun)

Where is this proof?

19 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

On the face of it, this seems like a decent signing. There'll be a lot on here who saw more of us than I did last season but I can't remember many clamouring for his signing?

Didn't see masses of us either - if I have seen him play he hasn't stuck in the memory, I'm afraid.  Thought the "key" back four in the run-in was Wilson, Clarke, Stott/Gerrard, McLaughlin?

Still, the signing is a good show of intent by Corney et al.

Edited by JoeP

12 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Didn't see masses of us either - if I have seen him play he hasn't stuck in the memory, I'm afraid.  Thought the "key" back four in the run-in was Wilson, Clarke, Stott/Gerrard, McLaughlin?

Still, the signing is a good show of intent by Corney et al.

He looked very promising and looked ready for regular first team football. Hard to judge over 10 games though. 

I heard comparisons with Denis Irwin being made which, while very premature, were not without foundation. ?

Happy with the signing of Hunt. He will be a regular starter. Did enough for me in his 10 games and it's reported he was very eager to return, that's good enough for me. Give me 11 players that want to be here and I'll show you 11 players who'll give their all, week in week out.