New signing - Rob Hunt

The Hunt deal was a good deal for Latics I've heard. Plus Hunt defo wanted to be back and playing first team football and backed it with his package. My kind of player and gets my respect. Welcome to Latics as a fully fledged Tic.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, singe said:

Well, we wouldn't be able to sign anyone with an embargo would we? 

Given who left, and who has signed, I think we've spent a bit. 

Think you can sign under embargo, just not increase the number of registered players.

I still think the coaches thing is odd but seems I'm in a minority.

Perhaps we are/were waiting on a payment from somewhere.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think you can sign under embargo, just not increase the number of registered players.

You definitely can't transfer from another club under an embargo, has to be free agents or loans.

Also, on the topic of a possible fee being a surprise, don't forget, say, £50,000 is the same as £1000 a week in wages over a season. Depends how you want to spend the money you have.

One more thought, maybe the board have drawn up estimated increased away figures from the fixture list, with the Iikes of Wigan and Blackburn and adjusted the budget accordingly.

1 minute ago, Simpo said:

You definitely can't transfer from another club under an embargo, has to be free agents or loans.

Also, on the topic of a possible fee being a surprise, don't forget, say, £50,000 is the same as £1000 a week in wages over a season. Depends how you want to spend the money you have.

One more thought, maybe the board have drawn up estimated increased away figures from the fixture list, with the Iikes of Wigan and Blackburn and adjusted the budget accordingly.

The other two signings were frees, we don't really know much about this one.

Totally agree on fees and wages, people lose their shit over fees.

Very good point regarding away attendances.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

No Fee, sell on clauses....

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Except I can't see Wigan and Blackburn bringing more than Bolton and Sheffield U (especially as they virtually sold out and Wigan never will).

Anyone budgeting on assumed away attendances is daft beyond measure. We might have an overall increase in attendance next season, but that wouldn't be something you could confidently predict to the level you can apply it to the budget.

We might well make more money on the home gates next season. 

Heck given where Corney's money comes from, Brexit could give us a bit more money due to disasterous effect it has had on the Pound compared to the Dollar.

8 hours ago, Crusoe said:

I would assume something similar. Maybe only a nominal fee but a buyback clause and a big old sell-on clause.

A sell on clause is worth nothing you Brighton... we sell for no more than 500k nowadays. At the very very best they're getting 125k

17 hours ago, oafcowl said:

Has Corney won the lottery or has he had a meeting with Theresa May and the DUP?

Could the case be that players know that money is tight around the lower leagues and are now willing to accept more sensible contracts?

Edited by JoeP

11 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Cashflow, dodgy scouse loans, Winding up Petitions transfer embargos. All that stuff that keeps happening.

Oh yeah, all those hear say words  that OWTB members reel out. We paid 50k for Fane last year and no one was arsed.