Erwin or Baxter

Erwin or Baxter  

122 members have voted

1. 1. If a straight choice, who and why?

• Erwin
    • Baxter

Shez has said he is looking to add a Striker or Attacking player, a GK and Defensive Mid.

Lee Erwin & Jose Baxter could be available.

So, if only 1 of the 2 Who? Why?

I should say I think add in a factor whether you think Shez will go too. 

Edited by singe

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Erwin if he played like he did for the last 3 months of last season.

Baxter solely depends to me about money. He'd get a bonus on games played. Couldn't trust him for getting in trouble again. He'd get a naff all wage and bonuses for appearances and goals. Otherwise I'm not arsed.

Baxter will walk this poll.

Will happily take Erwin as a signing though given a straight choice I would go with Baxter. I am genuinely concerned about Baxter's focus. Even if he didn't get caught whilst with us it doesn't mean that he wasn't upto dodgy shit and Lee Johnson appeared to get rid of him rather sharpley in August 13.

Other people will see him as damaged goods so we should easily get him on our terms. If he fuck this next chance up then that could be it for him and football which given his talent would be an absolute tragedy.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Baxter doesn't really strike me as a Sheridan type of player.

The rumours seem to stem from our fans wishful thinking rather than any strong substance (pun intended) - I certainly haven't seen anything or anyone suggesting that he won't be with Everton.

Baxter easily, we don't get that many players who can lift you off your seat just because he has the ball, so long as Sheridan is confident that Baxter is fit and focused then please get him in, can't believe he's still only 25!

Torn on this one. 

Baxter undoubtedly more talented but Erwin could have the greater longer term potential. Not exactly sure whether Baxter would fit into the side as easily as Erwin and I'd be cautious about building the team around him.

That all said, had to go with my heart and vote Baxter, he's the more exciting player and more likely to get fans in. I'd rather watch him than Erwin, and that's no disrespect intended to the latter.

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Baxter doesn't really strike me as a Sheridan type of player.

The rumours seem to stem from our fans wishful thinking rather than any strong substance (pun intended) - I certainly haven't seen anything or anyone suggesting that he won't be with Everton.

Do you think Everton are going to keep him forever, like a pet? They could have got him from us easily enough if they wanted and he didn't show much against us to suggest he was ripe for stepping up 

2 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Do you think Everton are going to keep him forever, like a pet? They could have got him from us easily enough if they wanted and he didn't show much against us to suggest he was ripe for stepping up 

No.

He might just want to concentrate on getting back into training or whatever, he might see himself as being a step above us now.

The way people are banging on you'd think it is just a given that he leaves there and comes to us - would we even want a player who hasn't played for 18 months?

I like Baxter but has he learnt any lessons? Top player on his day but could also cause problems and bad publicity off the field  Erwin could do well if given a good run like that of the end of last season but will he take the chance and can we afford a wage for a potential bit part player Sign them both on basic plus bonuses if possible and then look at keepers 

I think we'll get neither of them!

I don't think we've got any hope of Baxter coming back to ISZ for numerous reasons ... 

.. he'll be touted at a higher level if he goes out on loan, yet i honestly think the club won't take the risk with a 'loose cannon' after all the negative press we've had over the last couple of seasons.

As far as Erwin goes, I think he's the only realistic option for us, BUT ... 

he'll remember the constant levels of abuse he got from our more moronic fans early on last season. I think that he may get several offers that'll be very similar and the above reason could/will be our stumbling block.

That said .. and if he does harbour a grudge, a big if i know, then he may even get into the ear of the young keeper too! 

He'll be definitely the target for said morons if he doesn't become the wonder keeper from day one!

only my opinion ... 

19 minutes ago, thetramfixer said:

I think we'll get neither of them!

I don't think we've got any hope of Baxter coming back to ISZ for numerous reasons ... 

.. he'll be touted at a higher level if he goes out on loan, yet i honestly think the club won't take the risk with a 'loose cannon' after all the negative press we've had over the last couple of seasons.

Can't see a Championship team being interested in him. He's got too many question marks over his head and baggage and is unproven at that level. 

If he's going out on loan again it'll be a League One club, failing that he'll stay put at Everton, try to get his head down and hope for a miracle chance to get a shot at the first team.

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

Erwin for me.

Baxter was a talented individual, but I think the team Shez has built needs that penalty-area striker a bit more.

Sorry...

You mean the 6 ft plus striker, who rarely won a header, rarely scored, was rarely in the position he was meant to be or baxterBaxter

I know I'll get slated for this but I never rated erwin barring a few good week towards the end of the season.  He undoubtedly has potential but let's be honest he is just another run of the mill league one striker and if we didn't get him there are probably 20 others like him we could get. 

Baxter however is a genuine talent who seems to like it here. For all his faults his attitude is good and I would say he has a real addiction problem the club can help him through rather than being an utter moron like Hughes and ched of the past. It could be a positive story for the club as much as a bad one

47 minutes ago, RichardOafc said:

You mean the 6 ft plus striker, who rarely won a header, rarely scored, was rarely in the position he was meant to be or baxterBaxter

Top scorer last season and improved under Shez.

When I wake up on the morning of the Oxford game, one of these potential signings means that I jump out of bed, I sing in the shower, I re-download Human League (I think I deleted it, it made me feel down), i struggle to concentrate on anything else, I get in trouble from the missus about singing whilst having lunch, I go to the pub a bit earlier and chat uncontrollably with great excitement.

The other is an ok signing.