Erwin or Baxter

Erwin or Baxter  

122 members have voted

1. 1. If a straight choice, who and why?

• Erwin
    • Baxter

9 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

When I wake up on the morning of the Oxford game, one of these potential signings means that I jump out of bed, I sing in the shower, I re-download Human League (I think I deleted it, it made me feel down), i struggle to concentrate on anything else, I get in trouble from the missus about singing whilst having lunch, I go to the pub a bit earlier and chat uncontrollably with great excitement.

The other is an ok signing.

Just in case it's only ok...

To the chorus...

'His names Lee Erwin & he scores goals' ?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Neither.  Erwin is surplus to requirements in the position he wants to play in.  Baxter is damaged goods.

This 'damaged goods' perspective is bizarre.

It's football. He's better than our other footballers. We took him with a conviction. What is the relevance of anything that has happened since he was at Latics?

Edited by NewBlue

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

This 'damaged goods' perspective is bizarre.

It's football. He's better than our other footballers. We took him with a conviction. What is the relevance of anything that has happened since he was at Latics?

It's not really bizzare at all to say that a player that has served 2 drug bans is not a risk. It would be incredibly naive not to see the risk associated and to assume it will all work fine for him here. Not to meniton the fact he hasn't played for 18 months.

I'd take that him on our terms but let's not hide the fact that this is abit of a gamble.

Edited by GlossopLatic

20 hours ago, singe said:

Shez has said he is looking to add a Striker or Attacking player, a GK and Defensive Mid.

Lee Erwin & Jose Baxter could be available.

So, if only 1 of the 2 Who? Why?

I should say I think add in a factor whether you think Shez will go too. 

:lol:

I do enjoy the serious double standards of some Latics fans. They lose their shit if we are linked to anybody with a questionable history as it looks bad for the club but would forget all that for in a heartbeat to bring back the recently banned Jose Baxter.

5 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

I do enjoy the serious double standards of some Latics fans. They lose their shit if we are linked to anybody with a questionable history as it looks bad for the club but would forget all that for in a heartbeat to bring back the recently banned Jose Baxter.

Taking drugs is hardly causing death by dangerous driving or coercing a receptionist to give you keys to a hotel room your mate won't let you into to have sloppy seconds on a sleeping drunk bird..... 

49 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Taking drugs is hardly causing death by dangerous driving or coercing a receptionist to give you keys to a hotel room your mate won't let you into to have sloppy seconds on a sleeping drunk bird..... 

I don't recall the 2nd being illegal Harry & he won't be the 1st footballer to do something like that.

Baxter broke enough rules for his club to get rid and be banned from football. Its a definite double standard.

But hey we like him so it's ok...

5 hours ago, palmer1 said:

I don't recall the 2nd being illegal Harry & he won't be the 1st footballer to do something like that.

Baxter broke enough rules for his club to get rid and be banned from football. Its a definite double standard.

But hey we like him so it's ok...

Convicted rapist when we tried to sign him. Definitely illegal

37 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

Convicted rapist when we tried to sign him. Definitely illegal

Wrongly convicted which when pointed out to people could have been a possibility. People still don't want him...

It's a double standard. Don't care what anybody says and tbh I dont want another Ched debate

Edited by palmer1

2 hours ago, palmer1 said:

You'll notice but ignore that I replied with facts...

Just because people pointed out that it was a possibility, doesn't mean it's true. You can't claim that as a fact. At the time, he was a convicted rapist.